Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Thor Ultra 5W Blue Laser

Testing out on some splitshot weights from my tackle box. It doesn't take long to melt lead, I'm impressed.

Lead has a very low melting point. That's why they use it in solder. 326.46 degrees C or 621.43 degrees F.

Yes, that is true. Depends on if you feel that 621 degrees F is "low" however. lol I am curious though what temps it generates on the right surface.

Light is absorbed by a black surface and reflected by a white or mirrored surface. Lead can be made to have a dark surface or a mirrored one. It would depend on which of those surfaces you were dealing with. Also, the energy density of the beam is greatest in a tight or small surface area. That is called the beam profile. I don't tend to think in terms of degrees F, but in C or K. 326 C is pretty low when talking of many metals. It was used as solder back in the 1700s to seal foods canned. Not a very healthy practice as the lead would leach into the foods.

Solder melts at different temperatures depending on the amount of tin it is alloyed with, a short plastic state is preferable and low melt point.

5400406-solder-melting-temperature-chart.jpg

tommy

Host and diode will be the next step, i know people here are more interested in host than a preinstalled laser.

Looks like a JL host with a Sanwu threaded crown. I like. Is the focus adjuster a ring below the crown? Tommy pm me if you're able to sell the host minus a diode and driver.

GSS

Glad you got yourself a pair Eagle glasses:beer:
Noticed no mention of the one's that came with the kit:whistle:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I don't think you missed them, I didn't see them either. :)

(BobMc) :crackup:
DTR never had it on the web page i thing i ask like 2+y ago hehe, its only available on amazon,or ebay :pop:

Last edited:

BobMc

(BobMc) :crackup:
DTR never had it on the web page i thing i ask like 2+y ago hehe, its only available on amazon,or ebay :pop:

That's weird, I wonder why?

Have you any experience with them, have you ever used them in a build? Was wondering about their divergence? :thinking:

I'm curious about the divergence of this diode, too. If anyone knows, is it similar to the 07E or 44 or less? It would be great if it was close to the NDB7875. That's probably too much to ask for.

I used it the diversity is worst then NDB7875, its almost the same as 44 maybe just 0.5mm smaller :whistle:
DTR, took the picture long time ago.

Attachments

• dtr.jpg
    dtr.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited: