Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

This or That - laser edition!

1) Have your $150 laser get confiscated by the TSA (with no chance of getting it back)
2) Be banned from all laser forums for two years (with no appeals)

Have your $150 laser get confiscated by the TSA (with no chance of getting it back) for sure. banned by laser forums is too strong a blow.

would you like
1)vin diesel to smash your 5w rgb projector and your cat
2)chuck norris to smash up your 20w 545 nm laser

Why don't you ever come up with something nice?

I'd go with Chuck Norris smashing my 20W 545nm. It means that I get to meet Chuck Norris, and that I can proclaim that at some point I *had* a 20W 545nm laser. Also that it was smashed by Chuck Norris. Which is awesome.

Okay, would you rather have this:
2007-GeigerCars-Ford-Mustang-GT-520-Front-Angle-2.jpg

Or:
crystalfibrefig1.jpg

Funny, I'd rather take the car :p

I'd take 10W Argon Krypton in this situation. But with the assumption it can output white.

It's also fake. But was between first few results of "589nm laser" google searches.

For the sake of badassery, we'll imagine it's around 4-5W of output powah.

Not that much compared to few hundred kilowatt of the engine's power in that car though. But still :)

You think they would have used this half-million US$ installation to allign telescopes, like shown in the photo? :p Nope, didn't think so.

Let's say you have your favourite rifle. Would you rather have a laser sight on it, or 100% precise scope optics?

100% precise scope optics

would you like a 25w keychain sized blue laser or a 25 kJ pistol shaped multistage coilgun?

Since 25W keychain is impossible, I'll take 25kJ coilgun. Hell, at 25kJ, that's a power of like what, .50 Action Express rounds?

Would you rather have a battery that apsolutely never runs out in your laser, or an unlimited fuel in your car?

Since 25W keychain is impossible, I'll take 25kJ coilgun. Hell, at 25kJ, that's a power of like what, .50 Action Express rounds?

Would you rather have a battery that apsolutely never runs out in your laser, or an unlimited fuel in your car?

at 25kj its about 13x the power of .50 AE.

unlimited fuel in my car of course. nothing beats fossil fuel in the feel of a car

@Eudaimonium
you never know. :)

@vincenthooi
25kJ input power or muzzle? 1250J still good tho.. :) can't imagine the size of this thing. :p

from the million dollars systems I posted up there

25W Yellow
or
1kW green? :p

Trevor

You think they would have used this half-million US$ installation to allign telescopes, like shown in the photo? :p Nope, didn't think so.

Let's say you have your favourite rifle. Would you rather have a laser sight on it, or 100% precise scope optics?

It's called a sodium guide star. They're used to fluoresce sodium in the mesosphere to give a reference point on how much the atmosphere is distorting the light coming in. The adaptive optics use this data to correct the image. So yes, they do use powerful 589nm lasers to align telescopes. ;)

Laser guide star - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@lazerman121: You could flip a coin really. 473nm I guess.

CO2 or N2?

-Trevor

Rafa

Depends on thw wattage, but 40W 10.6uM CO2 is just cool.
0.1mRad 589nm 30mW Laser or 2mRad 589nm 30W laser.