Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

THIS IS MADNESS - Mitsubishi 639nm 3W "Twin buster" Updated Output test

thanks for the laser tip. I think lifetime 17 has a similar picture if it hitting a wall from a distance. But it still comes out dual beam on his. I messaged seller, waiting for reply. If that's I will need the correct driver and power supply requirements. I will get a DTR copper housing module.

What's with the doctored quote ?

Oh I see PhaserBoy wrote inside the quote.

Hi
Ok I have ordered some and I can confirm that the Mitsu is a caned diode. To produce 2+W mine is set to 2.2A but can be pushed higher.
You can see the twin beam mag light build on my sales page

Rich:)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
That's no problem. :)
I'll give you another tip. If you want to quote multiple posts in one, just hit reply on each post you want to quote. ;)

GSS

Unfortunately we don't have the Enterprise prop in front of us.
Your going to take your time opening it up and seeing if you can find a way to fit at least the front part of a 12mm copper module which is neccesary for that 9mm diode and like mentioned wire it to the driver somewhere else. The size of that prop doesn't look like it can fit a complete module with the driver attached to the back of the diode. I could be wrong??
From what iv'e seen from the TV show the phaser's beam's fire out just above the bulb part on the bottom. I would run the diode no more than 1.8A for a little less heat and still get close to 2W because there is no room for heatsinking the 12mm module. Still 5 second blasts like you want anyways.
Sorry to say but another option could be a 532nm, iv'e seen them before in a module smaller than 12mm. Can't remember but they are out there. I'll try to find some sources when I can.
532's are the most visible and 50mW of it is plenty bright. If you can try figure a way to fit 2 of these smaller 532 modules and angle them proper or just come to maby except just the one beam:(
Your original plan can be done though as iv'e seen plenty of creative talent from members and other prop makers..
Let's see if Lifetime17 has a 638nm twin beam he can setup or you just might have to order it from O-like and go from there..

Edit: Ebay has some 8mm and 6.5mm 532nm modules.. They are rated at anywhere from 5mw to 20mw but probably output more. Some of the pic's show the driver with a pot screw which "may" mean you can push them a little more. Just something to consider that all:)

Last edited:

PhaserBoy

Unfortunately we don't have the Enterprise prop in front of us.
Your going to take your time opening it up and seeing if you can find a way to fit at least the front part of a 12mm copper module which is neccesary for that 9mm diode and like mentioned wire it to the driver somewhere else. The size of that prop doesn't look like it can fit a complete module with the driver attached to the back of the diode. I could be wrong??
From what iv'e seen from the TV show the phaser's beam's fire out just above the bulb part on the bottom. I would run the diode no more than 1.8A for a little less heat and still get close to 2W because there is no room for heatsinking the 12mm module. Still 5 second blasts like you want anyways.
Sorry to say but another option could be a 532nm, iv'e seen them before in a module smaller than 12mm. Can't remember but they are out there. I'll try to find some sources when I can.
532's are the most visible and 50mW of it is plenty bright. If you can try figure a way to fit 2 of these smaller 532 modules and angle them proper or just come to maby except just the one beam:(
Your original plan can be done though as iv'e seen plenty of creative talent from members and other prop makers..
Let's see if Lifetime17 has a 638nm twin beam he can setup or you just might have to order it from O-like and go from there..

Edit: Ebay has some 8mm and 6.5mm 532nm modules.. They are rated at anywhere from 5mw to 20mw but probably output more. Some of the pic's show the driver with a pot screw which "may" mean you can push them a little more. Just something to consider that all:)
How do you control Amperages, thru battery voltage? Would separate mini diodes run of separate drivers? I will probably cut a door in saucer bottom and put a tab on inside, secure the door with a small screw and nut/bolt/lock washer... I can scavenge a tab from one of my sons old electronic toys...

GSS

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr....H0.TRS5&_nkw=8mm+532+laser+modules&_sacat=0#

If you scrowl down you will see the 8mm module 532's.
These 532 have their own driver, some attached direct to the back and some after with wire leads. There are some other 532's that have a shorter length module, just have to find them.

You control the Amperage with the driver. Look at DTR's sight and look at his SXD drivers and he gives good info:)

Last edited:

PhaserBoy

https://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Quality-50mW-DIY-532nm-greenLaser-Diode-Module-Green-Beam-lab-driver/152806285816?_trkparms=aid=555018&algo=PL.SIM&a...

Something like this might help with the small module but you have to wire it to the driver. Again the driver can be tucked away in a different spot on the prop.. I'm assuming the JST connects might work??
what does that spring do or attach to? how bright is 50mW? I have a boatload of JST connectors from my LED Kite projects.

GSS

The spring is used to contact the battery if it's used in some type of host. You can always snip it and solder a wire to that end of the driver..