Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

This is CRAZY | Please, help me understand the dos and don'ts a bit better

IceFireForce

Hello guys, my third post here, as I am researching the topic of laser safety. I stumbled upon THIS video (it's not mine and I do not know that person):

And I am in AWE. How can someone be THAT irresponsible? But probably the more interesting question - are lasers THAT dangerous of someone can pull this video out and still be seeing anything afterwards? What are the real do's and don'ts?

Hello guys, my third post here, as I am researching the topic of laser safety. I stumbled upon THIS video (it's not mine and I do not know that person):

And I am in AWE. How can someone be THAT irresponsible? But probably the more interesting question - are lasers THAT dangerous of someone can pull this video out and still be seeing anything afterwards? What are the real do's and don'ts?
Absolutely! at this output level. Let me repeat myself. Absolutely! What is saving his sight is the paper does not have specular reflection. Blue light itself presents a hazard. Post a link to the video please.

IceFireForce

O, so you haven’t watched the video itself yet? It goes FAR beyond what you would expect from the thumbnail. How do I post? I actually copied the URL in my OP, but it doesn’t work that way, I assume?

I strongly encourage watching this from 8:11. I was laughing in pain though.

Last edited:
O, so you haven’t watched the video itself yet? It goes FAR beyond what you would expect from the thumbnail. How do I post? I actually copied the URL in my OP, but it doesn’t work that way, I assume?
Copy the title and post it.

IceFireForce

It’s “Is it possible to cut pizza with laser?”

Wow. It seems there is more...

This guys truly proves that God (or whatever superpower you believe in) protects the crazy.

Last edited:

IceFireForce

Thank you. I may as well go ahead and like your comment. Very well put. With the only exception that, the video is in fact a great example of all things you should NEVER do with a high power laser.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks. Well, yes a good example of what not to do and a bad example of what to do.

Encap

That video is a good example of what not to do + just annoying more than anything else.

Idiot level attention whore making meaningless videos for YT---listen to his voice --sounds like he has mental problems, hyperactive or on drugs of some sort---is really pathetic and waste of time all around.

What's next for him---look at me, look at me, I can make fart noises with my armpit--I am so wonderful and special LOL

Last edited:
When I see video's with that kind of thumb nail photo, I won't open them. Especially the ones which make huge claims "unbelievable, incredible, this will change your life!" etc, nope.... always stupid videos.