Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The worst example of poor laser safety I’ve ever seen!

Reported him to youtube, what an absolutely idiotic/irresponsible/dangerous thing to do. It looked like he had the laser intentionally unfocused and didn't actually hit his pupils, but still...

this is probably one of the exact reasons WickedLasers stopped selling within the U.S. Borders

Encap

this is probably one of the exact reasons WickedLasers stopped selling within the U.S. Borders

:crackup:Has nothing to do with why they stopped selling within USA borders.
They do not sell and ship to US, CA, AU, CH, and NZ because any laser pointers over 5mW are prohibited by Laws, rules and regulations.

In case you didn't know they have been on the FDA Import Alert "red list" given to US Customs since 2010 for violations of US Laws, rules, and regualtions. They are listed 4 times here--see: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_ia/importalert_254.html

"21 CFR 1040.11(b) and 1040.11(c), limit surveying, leveling, and alignment, and demonstration laser products to Class IIIa. This means that pointers are limited to 5 milliwatts output power in the visible wavelength range from 400 to 710 nanometers. There are also limits for any invisible wavelengths and for short pulses. Pointers may not exceed the accessible emission limits of CDRH Class IIIa or IEC1 Class 3R"
See: https://www.fda.gov/Radiation-EmittingProducts/RadiationEmittingProductsandProcedures/HomeBusinessandEntertainment/LaserProductsandInstruments/ucm116373.htm

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
Actually, the video has some educational value.
However, it could be improved by asking him some simple questions.
How many US senators are there?
Point out Russia on a map.
What is the difference between a democracy and a republic?
I am sure he would not be able to answer any of these questions.
Education among other factors has reduced many of our youth to the intelligence of a cretin.
This video is a poster for the stupidification of our youth.
As much as I hate to lose it, I reported it as well.

Education among other factors has reduced many of our youth to the intelligence of a cretin.

You're overgeneralizing our youth, I don't know how many US senitors are there, simply because I don't pay attention to politics. He might know all those things, you don't know that, and that knowledge wouldn't affect his actions anyway.

Since each state is allowed to have two senators, this should be an easy question to answer, even if you aren't politically active. I think that the dumbing down of today's youth is caused by their short attention spans and inability to spend the requisite time to learn a subject.

They do not sell and ship to US, CA, AU, CH, and NZ because any laser pointers over 5mW are prohibited by Laws, rules and regulations.

In case you didn't know they have been on the FDA Import Alert "red list" given to US Customs since 2010 for violations of US Laws, rules, and regualtions. They are listed 4 times here--see: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_ia/importalert_254.html

"21 CFR 1040.11(b) and 1040.11(c), limit surveying, leveling, and alignment, and demonstration laser products to Class IIIa. This means that pointers are limited to 5 milliwatts output power in the visible wavelength range from 400 to 710 nanometers. There are also limits for any invisible wavelengths and for short pulses. Pointers may not exceed the accessible emission limits of CDRH Class IIIa or IEC1 Class 3R"
See: https://www.fda.gov/Radiation-EmittingProducts/RadiationEmittingProductsandProcedures/HomeBusinessandEntertainment/LaserProductsandInstruments/ucm116373.htm

My memory of WL goes almost to their beginning. Early on they were based in the USA. At some point while still based here the FDA set their sight on them and when things got to hot the owner moved to wherever they are now based. A bonus fact. They gratuitously used B.E. Myers Iraq attack IR laser footage claiming it was their laser in action.

You're overgeneralizing our youth, I don't know how many US senitors are there, simply because I don't pay attention to politics. He might know all those things, you don't know that, and that knowledge wouldn't affect his actions anyway.
Maybe, maybe not. YT: Some Americans are ignorant and proud. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNBG27S1kuMrx0oO19QUMPA

WHAT ?

There are 2 senators from each State, and there are 50 States.

Since each state is allowed to have two senators, this should be an easy question to answer, even if you aren't politically active. I think that the dumbing down of today's youth is caused by their short attention spans and inability to spend the requisite time to learn a subject.

Well now I know thanks. :tinfoil::thanks:

You're overgeneralizing our youth, I don't know how many US senators are there, simply because I don't pay attention to politics. He might know all those things, you don't know that, and that knowledge wouldn't affect his actions anyway.

At one time, and I have not kept up with it, the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Test had the question, "how many US Senators are there," in the sub-test which deals with fund of knowledge, which in part reflects intelligence. In 1994 I was living near Nashville and happened to ask a 35 year old attorney that question. I was shocked that she did not know the answer.

Forget about intelligence. As citizens of our country, at the least, we have a duty to understand the Constitution and the mechanics of how our government is supposed to work....at least in theory.

The fault is in our educational system.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. I think placing the blame on the educators misses a lot of societal reasons.

Reactions: GSS
Yeah, too many tide pod eaters and 'stove top challenge' winners here:cryyy:
:crackup: yeah no kidding man.

whoa, this I didn't know Encap, I only hope our 3 favorites don't end up on that list. Jet, Dragon, and San. I didn't wanna straight up say the full names. I highly doubt they ever will because Wickedlasers was so damn proud of their S**T they put their name on probably every inch of the box.

This is a really stupid video indeed. I would not judge the IQ of the young man based on this video only. Today YouTube is a big business and his million views are worth some nice $. It is easily possible that this guy knows what he is doing and is putting a big show on his channel for fame and money.

He could use video editing or a low power laser and light/exposer to get a very bright blue spot and not really hurting himself. Remember Jackass?

Who will be hurt, is the watchers who try to imitate him. The only protection is not a "war on laser pointers" but education of the effect of laser radiation on the human body.

Singlemode

Last edited: