Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Wavelength Thread

Man see color different we call it Green,Blue,Red,Yellow, even if it is Light Blue we call it Blue :whistle:
And woman see it as, Ocean blue ,is this Dark green, Bluish , Reddish And Yellowish :D

OVNI

Man see color different we call it Green,Blue,Red,Yellow, even if it is Light Blue we call it Blue :whistle:
And woman see it as, Ocean blue ,is this Dark green, Bluish , Reddish And Yellowish :D

Hopefully not too old (i.e. necro) and not a repost ... :whistle:

mrDQjkul.jpg

I think we should start adding UV wavelengths(to get a more complete list). I would love to help out, but can't figure out how you add colors next to the wavelength's. For example, for 532nm, how did you add a color inside that box? An easy UV wavelength to add would be 375nm. Simple diode :yh:

-Alex

That's something I spent months compiling a few years back. Everything I got is from research papers, so the lines (should) exist, however faint they may be.

But yeah, anything with a special highlight (usually on the diagonal) is a confirmed usage of those lines.

Added some more lines, and an automatic converter of the wavelength to hex, which an add-on automatically converts into colors! Also made the list filterable and sortable.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice addition doubleone44, everything all in one place! :yh:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I was thinking about adding a thread like this, and low and behold there already is one. :p
Good job! :beer:
I'll have to see if I can help add more to this spreadsheet.

Alex brought up 375nm in UV for more comprehensive list. What about all the near IR and far IR wavelengths? If you add all the transition lines from every doped solid state laser, this would be a much larger list.