Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The spam

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Hey everyone. Every day we get a lot of spammers making accounts and posting their ads all over the place in their sigs, about page and even going as far as pming members with their bs.
If you see any of this please report it. I remove them on a daily basis but I can't watch the forum at all hours. We've been getting sex doll spammers too which is a huge violation. One of our members who is under age has reported getting a pm from one.
So please if you get any pms or see any spammers don't hesitate to report it. It would help greatly.

Thanks guys

bulukaki

Did we just get another wave of spammers? I got the exact same PM with exact same contents

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Them with a bot or two continually making multiple accounts has become more work than I can handle. I'm trying to get in touch with Avery to see if we can get some countermeasures hopefully soon because it's become a full time job.
It's hard to beat a computer program

Sowee7

Them with a bot or two continually making multiple accounts has become more work than I can handle. I'm trying to get in touch with Avery to see if we can get some countermeasures hopefully soon because it's become a full time job.
isnt there some way to make a program that can ban bots saying those phrases?

Snecho

Got one of those PMs a while back. Reported immediately- no problem chief 👍
Hey everyone. Every day we get a lot of spammers making accounts and posting their ads all over the place in their sigs, about page and even going as far as pming members with their bs.
If you see any of this please report it. I remove them on a daily basis but I can't watch the forum at all hours. We've been getting sex doll spammers too which is a huge violation. One of our members who is under age has reported getting a pm from one.
So please if you get any pms or see any spammers don't hesitate to report it. It would help greatly.

Thanks guys
I let Avery know about the spam and bots. Hopefully he will get my emails sometime soon.
I'm on quite a few other forums based on the XenForo platform. I've never seen a single spammer on any of them. I don't know if they just have superior countermeasure code on their sites, or it it's just something about lasers/our site that attracts these cyber gnats like potheads to a Snoop Dogg concert

Is Avery still even active? I know he logs in like once a week, but he hasn't posted anything in over a year. I emailed him in 2019 and he never replied back

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Avery is in our discord too but he rarely replies. We need some addons definitely. We can't even ban ip addresses which is probably why these bots can make account after account.
Check this out. And this isn't even close to how bad it's been.
Screenshot (52).png

Snecho

Avery is in our discord too but he rarely replies. We need some addons definitely. We can't even ban ip addresses which is probably why these bots can make account after account.
Check this out. And this isn't even close to how bad it's been.
View attachment 73302
Lord almighty. Yeah, not being able to ban IP addresses is not good. It's pretty standard for most forums

It's probably the root cause of all this tbh

Things have changed a lot around here in the past year. TBH, I miss the way things were. Oh well, you get what you pay for.