Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

the scarriest moments of my life! post yours!

styropyro said:
Scariest moment of my life was probably the car wreck I was in over the summer. Even though nobody got seriously hurt it wasn't fun hitting another car that pulled out at 52MPH.
that somehow reminds me of the car that crashed into the nearby fred meyers lol.
let me try and make a picture with text.

the square is fred meyers.

this is the parking lot

____________| |________| |_________

____________ __________________________________
| | 4 way inter section with stop light
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |long road! strait shot into parking lot!
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

haha yeah that guy is funny! first thing i thought was "me when im older" lol.

daguin

Here's a scary one for me.  I was buried under this

MVC-015F.jpg

To give you some perspective, the "square thing" in the top is 24x24 inches.  The wall in front of me (the one that collapsed was about 9 feet tall.  I was very lucky that when it collapsed, it knocked me backward before burying me.  My upper body ended up on the downhill side of the collapse.  It was lucky because in the position I ended up in, there was not enough over my upper body to squeeze the air from my lungs.  My arms were under me so I was able to work my upper body and head free enough to breathe freely. It took awhile for me to dig my lower body out.  When I finally got my legs free, I noticed that my left leg didn't line up right any more.  I had to crawl out and spend the night lying outside my truck.  Help came in the morning.  My left leg now has lots of metal in it to remind me not too allow myself to be under a wall taller than myself again.

My son took this picture (and others) when he went out to retrieve my truck

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
Here's a scary one for me.  I was buried under this

MVC-015F.jpg

To give you some perspective, the "square thing" in the top is 24x24 inches.  The wall in front of me (the one that collapsed was about 9 feet tall.  I was very lucky that when it collapsed, it knocked me backward before burying me.  My upper body ended up on the downhill side of the collapse.  It was lucky because in the position I ended up in, there was not enough over my upper body to squeeze the air from my lungs.  My arms were under me so I was able to work my upper body and head free enough to breathe freely. It took awhile for me to dig my lower body out.  When I finally got my legs free, I noticed that my left leg didn't line up right any more.  I had to crawl out and spend the night lying outside my truck.  Help came in the morning.  My left leg now has lots of metal in it to remind me not too allow myself to be under a wall taller than myself again.

My son took this picture (and others) when he went out to retrieve my truck

Peace,
dave
i read that last part wrong at first... I thought your son took the picture WHILE you were suck underneath :D ;D

wow how did it end up collapsing on you anyway?? and how long ago was this?

daguin

mikeeey said:
i read that last part wrong at first... I thought your son took the picture WHILE you were suck underneath :D ;D
wow how did it end up collapsing on you anyway?? and how long ago was this?

Nah. I was high on morphine and giving the nurses a hard time when he took this pic.

I was digging a gem bearing layer out at the bottom of the wall. I undermined the wall. The face of the wall sloughed off.

This was in 2000

Peace,
dave

best i've ever done was sliding my camry sideways on a gravel road off a cliff. thankfully the cliff was just a 6 foot step down and my car's bumper stopped on a tree. better than the 150 foot long 70 degree slope that i see a lot of... paid some guy 20 bucks to pull me out with his diesel f350 after i realized my dad's jeep had an atv wench on it...

The scariest moment of my life was going 105 mph and hitting another motorcycle broadside breaking my arms,legs ribs oh yea not to mention the brain damage lol couldn't walk for almost three months :p

daguin said:
Here's a scary one for me. I was buried under this

First word that came to me when I saw that picture was 'undermined'.

I undermined a wall digging for topaz in Utah. I'd found a particularly rich area and just kept digging in. When the wall fell I jumped backwards, but was still buried from the chest down. I remember being surprised at just how immobile that made me... I had a pickhammer in my hand, but my arm was buried and every time I moved it the soil just settled down further, locking me in. I could breathe well enough, but with every breath the dirt collapsed a little closer. Fortunately friends knew where I was, and about 20 minutes later (seemed a hell of a lot longer from my viewpoint) they dug me out.

Not the scariest moment in my life, however.

mikeeey said:
On Saturday I was shining my laser in the air, comming back from my girlfriends house while she was on the phone. We were trying to see how far she could see my laser in the air, I made it to my house and was able to point it in a certian direction where it passed right over her house and apparently you could see it VERY well.

the spot I pointed it there was a tree to the right, and a house to the left.. my view behind the house was blocked.. then all the sudden a helicopter or plane flashing red and blue lights starts to fly right into my beam, I turned it off before it actually did fly into it, but it was heading right for it!
I freaked out and went inside.

2 days later (yesterday) I was watching TV, then during the commercials it shows the news, it says "comming up tonight, local man shines his laser at a patrol plane almost endangering the pilot's life!" and while they are saying this it shows a green laser being pointed from an aircraft view!!! I'm freaking out here. I notice the view also looks EXACTLY like the view I was from, with a streetlight to the left of me.. same in the video shown.. However in this video it actually shows the laser hit the plane, a few times, with me it was only NEAR the plane.
I keep watching and wait till the news on, well thank god it wasn't me! look here!
http://www.king5.com/video/?z=y&nvid=283067
article here:
http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_091508WAB_laser_pointer_wsp_plane_TP.7d84bf85.html

well besides the fact that the laser was actually being pointed at the plane, everything else in the video pretty much matched up, it was VERY scary.

does anyone else have any similar stories?

that dude has "perfect teeth" huh?...lol.... he sounds like hes gay... o well

bugattidude said:
that dude has "perfect teeth" huh?...lol.... he sounds like hes gay... o well
o wonder if he is a part of this forum... or another forum... ;D

Scariest time for me is getting busted at midnight doing pyro stuff. Good story, spot the meme.

Me and my azn friend like to make flamethrowers (both aerosol and metho gun), sparkler bombs and molotov's at the local oval. We're responsible as far as pyros go... we clean up any broken glass / melted & burnt cardboard and plastic afterwards, and we bring a small fire extinguisher and keep a bucket of water handy but we haven't needed either yet, we keep our shit away from any foliage and vegetation, and prefer to operate when it's damp. Of course we're always ready to run - we never leave anything traceable back to us and just in case we take the long way home through thick trees and climb our back fence to avoid being followed. Yeah, we're paranoid like that but it works and 'attempted terrorism' or some exaggerated bullshit doesn't look good on a criminal record. Would you hire a terrorist? =P

So, one time we were setting up this awesome sparkler bomb (only something like 50, but it was well set up) and after it goes off and we pocket the camera this old dude with a flashlight comes running across the grass to the concrete we had set it off on yelling blue murder. At first I was like 'lol, incandescent' but then I serious'd. It was lucky we were ready - the backpacks were all packed so all we had to do was pick them up and run. This guy could run though! We sprinted out of pure adrenaline (I want that stuff as a energy drink, it's fantastic) for 500m down the street and through a park then we both climbed a 3m plastic-coated wire fence (couldn't resist a little judo roll on the landing)

I get the shivers when I see that dude on the street now. I say g'day and he's all friendly like  ;D

Switch

LoL, that's a DX laser ;D And the cops are saying "he could've block our view of the ground" Yea, oh no, he totally deserves to get punished for flashing your camera. ::)

Btw,isn't the roll kinda necesary when droping from 3m high? :-/

Anyway, my scariest moment was when I stabbed a guy in a fight.We were 3 times outnumbered , and every one of them was bigger than me, plus my little sister was with us, so it kinda seemed like a good idea at the time.Then we managed to get away and the police and ambulance came.We were on vacation in Greece, and then I was saying to myself "WTF was I thinking pulling sh!t like that in a foreign country!?!" lol, didn't seem like such a good idea anymore, I freaked out the whole night. :p Anyway, considering that the police didn't get too involved and we just left the next day I still consider I made a right decision. ;D

Switch said:
Anyway, my scariest moment was when I stabbed a guy in a fight.We were 3 times outnumbered , and every one of them was bigger than me, plus my little sister was with us, so it kinda seemed like a good idea at the time.Then we managed to get away and the police and ambulance came.We were on vacation in Greece, and then I was saying to myself "WTF was I thinking pulling sh!t like that in a foreign country!?!" lol, didn't seem like such a good idea anymore, I freaked out the whole night. :p Anyway, considering that the police didn't get too involved and we just left the next day I still consider I made a right decision. ;D

Lol, this reminds me of the book; "The Outsiders" by S.E. Hilton.

I dont have a definitive scary moment, but this happened today. Wasnt THAT scary, but got me worried.

So, heading over to the 7-11 to get a slurpie on my boat (which my father was driving) with two friends. We go under this bridge (which was over water, next to a construction site) and we get slurpee. We come back, wait on the back. Across the river, this (what seemed to be 11 year old at the time) person was in a HOODY by themself, and it was a hot day. My friend goes "why are you wearing a hoody."

This "kid" happened to be like 17, with 8 or so friends hidden from view. so they come near use "Wa chu say kuhnt il fuck you up" etc and Im just like "Actions speak louder than words buddy, bash us up or get out of here." They all go "what you say mother%^&er? Im in crips"

I said "get over yourselves %^&*heads" and hopped on the boat, as my father just got there, and these kids tried chasing but we left before.

I managed to give them the you-suck-dick hand action before I left.

Not necessarily scary, but a 14 year oldd (me, although im 6'5") and 2 16 year olds vs a pack of 17-18 year olds... not my cup of tea, thankyou very much.