Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The quest for more power begins :D

Lasher

Well the addiction has set in. I just recently posted about my first green laser the Wicked Lasers Core and how very impressed I have been with it. Now after a lot more reading here I just ordered a 50mw pen from Ledshoppe. I could see this becoming an expensive hobby lol. Does anyone have both these units that can post some pic's side by side? Should I expect a huge difference going from the 5mw Core to the 50mw Pen? Any info/beam shots would be a big help.

Thanks again guys :D

Lasher

Jaseth

I don't have a comparison picture here but the difference will be pretty huge - from a faint but visible beam to a solid, bright green beam looking like you could climb it ;)
If you add a some smoke or fog you can play Star Wars, that is how bright it is!

Remember to get some goggles if you are going to use it for other than star pointing, there are more shiny objects in the World than you expect!

Seb

Lasher

Thank you Jaseth :) Sounds to me like this will be a huge difference. Does anyone have any beam shots comparing this laser to any decent 5mw? Guess I'm just excited and the 7-20 day shipping time is making me itch...lol.

Thanks again

Lasher

I just don't understand why some people buy from Wicked Lasers.. It's so stupid to spend so much money for a 5mw green while you can buy a more powerful green for lower price than the weaker one from WL.

Lasher

Why thank you so much for calling me stupid Silvershot. I'm new to Lasers and bought the WL from an eBay vendor at what seemed to be a fair price. I'm very happy with the product even after you insulting me.

Lasher

Lasher

Just to update.

I received my Ledshoppe 50mw today!!
I have to say its built a lot better than the price leads you to believe.

This thing is insanely bright, the dot on a wall at 15' makes you squint.

Overall this Laser is well worth the money and I would recommend it to anyone wanting a bright well built Green for little $$$.

The only thing I've noticed about it is the button tends to rattle a little. It has a very solid click to it but when your not pressing it its a little loose.

Other than that I can find nothing to complain about.
I have no way of testing this to see if its over/under spec but I can say its a whole lot brighter than my WL Core and that is IMHO a fine Laser in its own right :)

Lasher

I just don't understand why some people buy from Wicked Lasers.. It's so stupid to spend so much money for a 5mw green while you can buy a more powerful green for lower price than the weaker one from WL.

IMO, other than the LG galileo, the core is the best 5mW laser available - some people aren't just interested in power, they want a nice tight beam, and a power that is actually 5mW, so they can be safe

Wicked's construction is far superior to o-like, DX, rayfoss, etc.. Many people seem to think that a green laser is a green laser. This is not true. A 5mW from Wicked, Opto, Laserglow, etc will always be MUCH higher quality in terms of stability, beam quality, and overall construction, hence the higher price tag.

Also, the premium suppliers guarantee their 5mW lasers to be 5mW only, which is important to people who are concerned with legality.

Lasers are like anything else in life. There are various levels of quality. An o-like 20mW pointer and a 20mW Coherent Compass will both put a ~20mW green dot on a wall, but they are NOT the same.

ok... but i agree with silvershoot.... because.. most people who buy from WL..... buy there because they don't know opto...laserglow...novalaser.. and fo a laser under 100mw...to me.. is better use dealextreme.. focalprice... olike.. rayfoss. only for OVER 100mw...i suggest to go with a much better supplier.

a 5mw laser does not cost nothing to produce... look at ebay 5mw green aser worldwide shipped at 7 dollars! or at the 11.5 dollars 50mw from buyin coins..... lasers under 100mw are EXTREMELY CHEAP TO PRODUCE.....so.. why pay more for a 5.. 20.. 50 mw certified?

if someone want a 5mw green laser.. can buy for 7$ a laser... and if it is too bright... open it ( it is easy) and turn the pot... to a smaller power....
i am not talking about build a red/violet laser pointer... but just open it and turn a simple pot....to have 5mw.

Lasher

Guys it just got dark outside so I went out to play..there is just a touch of haze in the air tonight and man what a beam the new LED 50 is throwing!!! Needless to say I'm very happy with it :)

I hope anyone new to Lasers like me gets one of these, its worth every penny.

Lasher

I agree, I have had my CORE in my backpack probably for more then a year. When did they send them out free? It has taken a lot of beating and drops and it still works perfectly. I love the solid brass construction.

IMO, other than the LG galileo, the core is the best 5mW laser available - some people aren't just interested in power, they want a nice tight beam, and a power that is actually 5mW, so they can be safe