Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The proper effective cheap safety glasses

The thing with Prime is that I don't need to go out shopping to buy what I want. It saves time, and in many ways, money. Since the shipping takes so little time, I can also get stuff when I "need" it but don't want to wait a long time or consolidate my order. Plus, sometimes there are some good deals I can jump on immediately (use the "show items with price drops" in your wishlist).

I think Prime has paid for itself. :)

Hello !
So if I use those glasses for a 250mw 650nm engraver laser it should do it ?
I was asking myself since they are very cheap...
Thanks !

Probably not. They don't even specify any protection rating (as if it can be trusted). Plus, it's not certain what safety expectations there are for engravers. It might just be to make it easier to see the surface, but not protect against a direct hit.

Your eyes are worth a bit more than $5 of protection.

Probably not. They don't even specify any protection rating (as if it can be trusted). Plus, it's not certain what safety expectations there are for engravers. It might just be to make it easier to see the surface, but not protect against a direct hit.

Your eyes are worth a bit more than $5 of protection.

Ok thank you so what can you advice ?
I'm in Europe so there's a lot of US sites that don't ship to me...
So it's the same for this or this ?

Last edited:
What I've done in the past is look for cheap certified used goggles on eBay. Not the ones that are sold out of China, but some of the surplus ones that come from time to time. Sometimes you'll find some really nice ones for pretty cheap, for example ones that shield against Argon lasers, which often makes them useful for protection against blue and green lasers.

Be aware though: sometimes these goggles will cost a bit. They may be cheaper than brand new, but they still cost a decent amount.

For example, goggles like these, have very high protection for ARG (argon) type lasers. What you do is look in the pictures to see what their ratings are.

Or some like these.

Search for "laser safety goggles" and then sort by price, high to low. Scroll down to the $20-70 area.

I realize these are more expensive than the ones listed before this post, and the shipping adds to the cost, but they're good usually quality. Brands like Glendale are often around and are good quality as long as they meet the ratings you need.

I've probably spent as much on working lasers as I have on eye protection. It's serious stuff. You probably only need two sets of goggles: those that cover 405nm to 532nm (as far as visible lasers are concerned) and those that cover 635nm to 660nm.

If you're going to get one pair of goggles and don't mind spending ~$100, you can get these certified goggles from Aixiz ($85 + ~$15 shipping). They cover blue and green, and are easy to use. I've got a pair (from a different distributor) and they're really handy.