Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The PHL state of the laser address (SOLA)

TomD

Geographically we're closer to WL than the US but that doesn't mean we're already saturated with 'em. Only recently (2011) has there been a bill passed making laser distraction a punishable offense. Which I find quite odd. Why only last year?

The sale of handheld lasers are highly unregulated here. In most shopping malls, there are always a handful of stalls that sell novelty products which include laser pointers that are in the Php800-1,500.00 ($18-$35) range and look no different than the QQ's. In local online marketplaces though, I have found one or two sellers who seem to be knowledgeable in building higher-powered lasers, but do not warn potential buyers enough of the hazards. To help sell their products, they primarily post videos--you can already guess what's in it. The most powerful I saw for sale was a 1300mW (in a C9 with an AxZ module) that went for $188. A 2-watter could be commissioned from someone else for $288. The comments made by almost all inquiring parties include the following words: match, balloon. Surprisingly, another vendor sells 190-548nm goggles for $19.

C/s/0 projectors are exclusively sold by only one company here, to the tune of no less than $1000 for even the entry level Slims.

Meh.

TomD

This is the only piece of legislation I could pick up from the country so far.

And it has only been filed last year--not sure if has already been passed or anything.

senate(dot)gov(dot)ph/lisdata/117949941!(dot)pdf

Check his source--all it took was one article in the dailies.

TomD

Here are a couple for sale in a local online marketplace.

Can anyone tell if this one came from LPF?

sulit(dot)com(dot)ph/index(dot)php/view+classifieds/id/4812551

Here are others, generic Chinese, but higher than the usual mall prices.

sulit(dot)com(dot)ph/index(dot)php/view+classifieds/id/4648138

sulit(dot)com(dot)ph/index(dot)php/view+classifieds/id/5116922

That first laser you posted looks suspiciously like the kit from SurvivalLaser.

Fiddy

^ i reckon, the eagle pair glasses that Survival Lasers sell is in one of the photos too.