Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

the perfect portable laser

I would have a black laser that would be powered by dark energy and instead of burning things it would freeze them to subzero temperatures. ::)
It would have a visable black beam in daylight and invisable beam at night. ;D I know that they are basically impossible but you have to wonder ::)

Switch

How about naming the thread "the perfect realistic portable laser available with todays or the near future's technology" since I bet everyone would like an adjustable power level up to infinity, adjustable wavelength, adjustable divergence from 0 to 180[sup]o[/sup] or more :p, infinite battery life, indestructable water/acid/everythingproof case, controlled in every possible way from buttons to fingerprint analisys, voice recognition and neural waves, no dutycycle and no heating for that matter.But it's pointless to dream about it cause Chuck Norris is never gonna let any of us play with his laser. ::)

why, cant you make a regulable RGB laser?

:( why didnt i think of the lightsaber joke *snif*

I'd just like 200mw of red from 1AA. Is that asking too much? Can someone go ahead and hook that up for me? :D

Skram0

apex007 said:
I'd just like 200mw of red from 1AA. Is that asking too much? Can someone go ahead and hook that up for me? :D
Do you want it to be USB rechargeable too? ;) No prob..

trublu832 said:
How about the perfect laser is a safe one [smiley=engel017.gif]

Nothing is safe in the hands of an idiot, so define safe 0.5mw ? sounds safe but no fun in that.

You got the right idea Ace82 ;) The perfect hand held laser is a light saber :)

(But are lightsabers actually lasers :-? )

Switch

Skram0 said:
[quote author=apex007 link=1210536015/15#24 date=1210641617]I'd just like 200mw of red from 1AA. Is that asking too much? Can someone go ahead and hook that up for me?  :D
Do you want it to be USB rechargeable too?  ;)  No prob..[/quote]

Lol! The funny thing is that he is NOT kidding :p Is it gonna have a boost circuit or is it gonna be a AA sized lithium cell?

Skram0 said:
[quote author=apex007 link=1210536015/15#24 date=1210641617]I'd just like 200mw of red from 1AA. Is that asking too much? Can someone go ahead and hook that up for me? :D
Do you want it to be USB rechargeable too? ;) No prob..[/quote]

It would be a nice touch but I'm happy with popping eneloops into a charger. The DX 200mw is nice for the price, but it's still big and I wish it ran off of AA's.

If you're suggesting that you have a 1xaa pocket sized red burner, or one in the works, count me in as a buyer. Seriously.