Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The New "495nm" Laser Build

I'd agree about the case positive diodes, as the electrically isolated switchmode laser diode drivers are challenging to design.

As long as you isolate the diode from the rest of the build, you could use any boost driver you like. Can't really make one that is regulated on the negative leg.

Yep. At least it's not over 200mW which then becomes a thermal management issue. 5 - 35mW is nothing to worry about, if I decide to buy what you have left, I will have to also obtain some wide Kapton tape to isolate the heatsink from the flashlight host body if I go for the boost driver. I will try to look around for elusive 495nm diode if I have enough left from Lifetime17's item and labor payment.

Last edited:
Oh, I might let one go, but wasn't really looking to sell any. Mine are all <505nm. I think I have two left. As long as you heat sink it adequately, you can drive them at 275 mA for better than 100 mW optical power.

Alright, I will be looking at it, I have to see how much my project will cost me - I guess I can always squeeze one more part into my budget. If you still have it within first week of February, I will buy one off you.

EDITED: Not to mention the laser with wavelength below 505nm would make for a nice belated birthday present for myself (my birthday's next week), I will be seeing about Stainless steel or something like that for a host - I have to debate which Lithium-ion battery size I wanna use before going for it.

Last edited:
As I said, it was never my plan to sell any of them. I might let you have one as a favor, but I won't be selling them and I need to check how many I have left. I won't let my last one go for anyone. As I recall they are low wavelength diodes.

Alright, you do not have to, if you don't want to. You can PM me about your decision, whenever you feel like wanting to say either yes or no, I had a hunch that you will want to keep them all anyhow.

Last edited:
Hi Paul:

Wow! That color is stunning for sure. Thanks for sharing the photos with all of us. I’m sure that you must feel very happy how this newest build turned out. The emerald beam must look awesome in the foggy weather! :umbrella:

-cd

The color is more blue than it is green. You can sort of see that in the first two beam shots. BTW, Happy Birthday, DrMario.

Last edited:
I can imagine that Cyan laser is a sight to behold. Even though the laser diodes are hard to find so I will have to wait a bit before grabbing something between Cyanide green and true Cyan color, given the fact they sell like hot pancake around here.

EDITED: And thanks, paul1594819. :D

Last edited:
Thanks, Bob. It is a beautiful color that can only be approximated in photos. I'm so happy to have it in my collection. :D

Hey, for approximation the color looks very close! Glad we have all these cool wavelengths coming out so frequently. It's a nice break from the blues ramping up more and more power.

Wow! Beautiful build, Paul. I can only imagine how stunning the beam must look in person. I’m really impressed at how quickly you succeeded making it after you finally received all the parts. Thanks for sharing these sweet photos with us. Please Take Care. :yh:

-cd