Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The LEDShoppe Thread

So the 5mW and the 50mW vary? Do the 10mW vary that much in power? It's only $2 more for it, and if there's a chance for it to be overpowered, I'll risk it.

LEDshoppe is definitely my favorite "cheapie" shop. Normally I can't stand these newwish types but the Price/performance ratio is so good. The 50s are easy to modify, and have enough heat-sink mass to handle some heat.
I recently upgraded my 50mW... installed superior crystals and optics.
I get 68mW peak 62mW avg. and 0.66mRad divergence with 1.2mm beam diameter.
The output lens is AR coated so the total IR spill is 2-3mW.
The only bad thing is the driver, which doesn't work well below 2.8V.

Attachments

• DSC09938m.jpg
    DSC09938m.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I have personally had 2 of these (50mw) lasers and am extremely pleased with both of them. 1 is nearly a year old and has lots of use and is still going strong, just got a new one as a back-up and i may even order a couple more just to have hidden away somewhere. they even shipped mine with no batteries or warning label per my request. there really is no reason not to order the 50mw, you could never beat that power for $24 shipped!

trenat

Hi all, just made an order with LED Shoppe 2 days ago and dumbass me made a mistake in the shipping address. Realising this right after I finalised the order I immediately sent emails to CCNow (the shopping cart portal LEDShoppe uses) and LEDShoppe of course. No news from them until now. Most disappointed. Only got a stupid response from CCNow

" Unfortunately, due to the age of order number 1xxxxx8, it is outside our influence as a third party processing service to pursue support on your behalf."

So I'm now still waiting to see wat LED Shoppe is going to do. *sigh* First laser and shit like this happens.

P.S. I tried looking for the phone number to call them up but nothing on the main website. Anyone with any live contacts (IM, Skype, phone line etc) will be much appreciated.

danq

this may seem like a dumb question (it probably is a dumb question), but that sounds like they were asked about the wrong order number - did you check that?

DanQ

trenat

LOL no it isn't a dumb question & a very good point. I had basically fwded the order confimation email to them so there's no chance of even a typo.

danq

yeah, I figured - that's what I'd do too so thought the probability was low that was the problem... it seems awful lame that they would have "no influence" on the status of your order - how fresh does it need to be for them? I can see this developing: you get in touch with Ledshoppe; they "have no influence" because it's already been processed by the fulfillment center...

Actually, I thought Ledshoppe's customer service is good?

DanQ

trenat

Your absolutely right DanQ. I too had thought that LEDShoppe's service was supposed to be unrivaled. Guess all I can do now is wait and see. Dun think I'll be using my laser anytime soon though. :cryyy:

My 50mW shipped on the 20th of October and have not gotten it yet so it's been 13 days so far. Suppose it'll come in this week. I already sold it though. As soon as it comes in, it's going to my friend at work. I'm saving up for the 150mW o-like so I sold it and my 50mw Optotronics as well to fund the 150mW. So, rechargeable AAA's put out more power than disposable?

trenat

so here's a quick update, I somehow found a link on the page where you check your orders and found a link to cancel/re-order. clicked through and it brought me to the shopping cart which was empty. anyways, got an email almost immediately which said that I had canceled my order so I've now gone ahead with a new order despite my better judgement.

keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to get my pointer in the next 2 weeks or so. :undecided:

Last edited:

trenat

update : still NO NEWS from LED Shopped despite numerous emails a few days ago. seriously... has there been a change in management?