Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Collimated News Column

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess my main question is did you find this using my link or the title and author of the article? That is a huge difference for me. If you found another link for it using the title and author that is important. I just bought another laptop using Windows 10, but the one I'm using is setup for Windows 7.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I'm in the same boat, I can't read most of those Washington Post/NY Times articles as I don't subscribe to either of those papers.

Here seems to be another solution, use the website Textise:

I just copied the link exactly as you posted it into Textise.

It seems to bypass that popup that blocks the page and forces you to buy a subscription. You only get the text and none of the images, but we can still read the article.

Capture.JPG

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Oh wow that's pretty cool. Also I should mention that anything posted should be as neutral as possible so that we can minimize anyone getting offended. I appreciate you guys making the attempt for civility.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I guess my main question is did you find this using my link or the title and author of the article? That is a huge difference for me. If you found another link for it using the title and author that is important. I just bought another laptop using Windows 10, but the one I'm using is setup for Windows 7.
Good question Im not sure if windows 7 supports that screenshot function or not. You should be fine with win10 laptop. It was the link you gave me. Some websites you can glitch out and stop the page from fully loading. I just spam the refresh button until it works then I took the screenshots. You should be fine with posting the link. If no one can view it easily that's on their end. You would at least have shown proof.

julianthedragon

I'm in the same boat, I can't read most of those Washington Post/NY Times articles as I don't subscribe to either of those papers.

Here seems to be another solution, use the website Textise:

I just copied the link exactly as you posted it into Textise.

It seems to bypass that popup that blocks the page and forces you to buy a subscription. You only get the text and none of the images, but we can still read the article.

View attachment 75694
Good question Im not sure if windows 7 supports that screenshot function or not. You should be fine with win10 laptop. It was the link you gave me. Some websites you can glitch out and stop the page from fully loading. I just spam the refresh button until it works then I took the screenshots. You should be fine with posting the link. If no one can view it easily that's on their end. You would at least have shown proof.

Thanks. This gives me several options to try.

kecked

This thread I can deal with. Anyone play with openAI chatgpt or DALL-3? I think I finally found the friend I always wanted that never judges me for asking a question. Bopped from the lagragian of a quark to making gravlax.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I've been using chatgpt. These AI program are super smart. It can write poems, analize documents. Its crazy what it can do.

This is Stephen Gardner. He's the best source of neutral news. Plus he does cash giveaways every month. So if anyone has a problem with this guy then I dont know what to tell ya.

I wouldn't call him "neutral", or unbiased. He is trying hard to get his ratings to increase, that is factual. Has he actually ever offered a poor review that isn't just obvious about the GOP? I don't know as I have never watched. I refuse to get my news from YT or any other social media site.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I wouldn't call him "neutral", or unbiased. He is trying hard to get his ratings to increase, that is factual. Has he actually ever offered a poor review that isn't just obvious about the GOP? I don't know as I have never watched. I refuse to get my news from YT or any other social media site.
He's spoken news on both sides but yeah maybe he isn't neutral enough for this thread. What do you think? Should it be removed?

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Actually now that I think of it he has said things about trump when he was president. He really didn't take off as a channel until during the pandemic where he made accurate informed videos on the virus and the stimulus checks. He was one of the rare youtubers that didn't do clickbait false information. I felt he was and has been an honest guy. I guess we are all biased in some way.
I forgot to mention that since we are still defining what's appropriate for this thread I'm forgiving all infractions as of today.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I removed it just in case. If you guys want to check him out his name is Stephan Gardner on youtube. He covers a wide range of news topics.

We just shot down another balloon in the frozen waters off Alaska today. It was much smaller than the one shot down on Saturday. As of now, we don't know who is responsible for this balloon.

Status
Not open for further replies.