Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Andover Holography Meter

Comidt

Okay,
well, I don't know if someone has done a thread like this before, so I decided to do one...
I e-mailed Tony Brock-Fisher, the maker/seller/whatever of these meters.

The Prices:
The Andover Holography LPM-1                                            $ 199.00
The glass filter attenuator for power >100mw                        $ 40.00
The serial cable to plug in to PC                                            $ 35.00

If you are a member of Candle Power Forums (of which many of us are), you receive a 10% discount:
The Andover Holography LPM-1                                            $ 180.00
The glass filter attenuator for power >100mw                        $ 36.00
The serial cable to plug in to PC                                            $ 31.50

If you want to buy one, send an e-mail to Tony Brock-Fisher [barockteer@aol.com] and include your CPF member name to get the discount.
Shipment for these meters will be 30 days after payment.

Warranty:
I have received many requests to ship meters to foreign countries. Due to the high cost of shipments overseas, I find it necessary to clarify the warranty policy:

Warranty service will be provided for covered repairs or recalibrations under the terms of the warranty at no charge. However, buyer must assume responsibility for costs of shipment of the defective unit to and from Andover Holography.

The meter
LPM-1.jpg

Jonno

S

SenKat

Re: The Andover Holography Laser Power Meter

Comidt - I am making this into a sticky for you - great info for everyone ! :)

Gazoo

Comidt said:
Cool :D
Thanks, I hope it's informative enough...
Jonno

Nice of you to post this here. I hope to have my LPM-1 next week. I am really looking forward to it. I am only working with red lasers for the time being, but it will be really great to know how much power they are putting out as opposed to guessing.

Aseras

I have one and it works great. The ability to datalog makes it very good for the price.

Daedal

Nicely done... This is by far the ideal meter especially for the price... I will be buying one of these as soon as my finances allow.

One request though please, I don't see many all-round shots and measurements of this thing... and would love to see it from all angles... a comparative picture to something of know size or of it in your hand. I'm also curious as to the optical head itself... what does it look like? how big and how easy is it to point into it, how high is it in case you set it on a table and have a labby in front of it... that kind of stuff...

Thank you;
DDL

Comidt

Daedal said:
Nicely done... This is by far the ideal meter especially for the price... I will be buying one of these as soon as my finances allow.

One request though please, I don't see many all-round shots and measurements of this thing... and would love to see it from all angles... a comparative picture to something of know size or of it in your hand. I'm also curious as to the optical head itself... what does it look like? how big and how easy is it to point into it, how high is it in case you set it on a table and have a labby in front of it... that kind of stuff...

Thank you;
DDL

Yeah, I would like that too.
Anyone with one, please post some pics.
Jonno

Aseras

I'll post some pics later this afternoon.

Edit: pics...

LPM1-Top.jpg

Pics of the aperature You need a ND8 filter over 100mw ( notice the burn marks on mine even with a 100mw )
LPM-ap.jpg

LPM-ap2.jpg

Here's a Pic of the backside and the data cable and where it plugs in. Tony will move the port to the side if you ask him to.
LPM-back-datalog.jpg

LPM-port.jpg

HiRes pics are here: http://208.219.69.31/laser/lpm1/hires

Daedal

Thank you very much for the pictures :)

This is exactly what I needed... Now if only you take some more without the covers... :p

Thanks;
DDL

i dont know if this is a stupid question or what not
but what is the exact link to the webpage that's selling this...

drlava

Hi, I found this page through referrals from the image lined in the first post.

Just a bit of additinal info: the schematics for a build-your-own rs232 interface are at post #18 on the original group buy thread here (fix this into a link):
cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=153251

(for some reason I can't post hot links.)

HEY DR-Lava ---

Welcome here -- Don't be a strainger. We need input from everyone with experience on this forum.

I use "your" meter most every day !!!

Mike