Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The amazing 322mW Dilda

I know this is an old thread, but I finally purchased a proper LPM recently, a Kenometer.

First thing I did was the 3.0V vs. 3.6V battery test in my DX200 Red Dilda.

Popped in my 3.0V green batteries from DX. The laser settled in at a measly 157mW. No wonder why many folks lambasted this laser. This is far less than 200mW as advertised.

I took out the 3.0V cells and put in the 3.6V cells. I fired the laser and watched the numbers go up, 180mW...190mW...200mW. Astonishingly, the laser measured at an awesome 237mW! Now THAT'S more like it!

Further testing with freshly charged 3.6V cells showed stable outputs as high as 251mW. Since it's not current regulated, the output decays slowly as the batteries drain. It's still excellent performance for such an inexpensive laser. And the option to use lower-voltage cells means long duty cycles for long burns or general pointing.

Well I finally got some 3.6V CR2 rechargeable batteries to
use in my DX200 Red Dildas... :cool:

Here are the results......... ;)

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1232483122

Jerry

sorry for this grave dig, but the link seems to link me back to the main page...
i had just ordered some 3.6v batts after a few months with my dila (had the 3.0V batts)
would this also work with the BLUE dila? (reviews of only 100mw)
$29.68 - Focusable 200mW 405nm Burns Match + Money Detector Blue-Violet/Royal Purple Laser Pen (2*CR2) - Blue Lasers
again, sorry for the thread bump
but i would like "renewed" life to my red dila rather than buying a new laser :)

You get linked back to the main page because that is a link to the
old Forum that no longer exists..
As to your question about the BLUE dilda...
Probably not... the Blue would not use the same driver as the RED
Dilda...

Jerry