Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[TESTED!!!] New Spyder II

daguin

Re: [EBAY] Spyder II BRAND NEW

deebix said:
I am now that I *KNOW* atleast one person is interested in it finally. daguin I still have your address from a pm and will pop it in the mail via fedex tomorrow morning, ~cheers

Cool! Send me the tracking number when you get it, pleaae.

Peace,
dave

deebix

Re: [EBAY] Spyder II BRAND NEW

for all of those keeping patient on the results, do note that I do not intend to hide them or try to keep them private etc. I only know as much as you guys do from that graph WL sent me so I'll have daguin post the outcome here at his leisure and style. ~cheers

daguin

I thought I was testing this for a specific sale.  In any event, here is a synopsis of my evaluation

The laser arrived today.  It arrived without battery or charger.  I topped off a battery to use for testing.

The laser is in VERY good shape.  There are a couple a very small "scuff marks" on the knurled portion of the tail cap, but they are hardly noticeable.  You have to really look for them to see them.  The lenses are clean and unscratched.  The laser basically looks like a "new" laser.  The storage case also looks like it is new.  

I ran three 30 second test with the meter.  The laser spent almost all of its time ranging between 400-450mW.  This variability is very common with high powered green lasers.  It spent the majority of its time right around 430mW.  It dipped below 400mW only a couple of times and then only for a brief time.  

The laser is up to spec's and in like new condition.

Peace,
dave

Wow, thanks daguin! That's one HELL of a Spyder to output an average of 400mW! And brand new too, that things easily worth over $1000 second hand.

Looks like they kept their word to you deebix ;) +1 Wicked Lasers.

daguin

I got several inquiries about longer tests.  The testing done was originally only to see if the laser was up to spec's.  WL runs three, 30 second tests for spec.  That is what I did originally and posted.  I asked Deebix if he wanted me to run longer tests, he agreed.  Here are the results.

I got a couple of longer runs done this afternoon and another done just now.  The laser averages 430mW up to around 90 seconds.  Then it drops to about 410mW.  After two minutes it begins a slow decline.  I terminated the runs when the average output sank below 400mW (about 2:15).  The laser was consistent with these outputs in the different tests.  Bottom line, the laser stays above 400mW for over two minutes and then begins a slow decline.  

Peace,
dave

deebix

As of 9/24/08, Daguin has ran multiple tests, as documented by him on page 2. My asking price is $925 + shipping firm for a 400+mw spyderII in new condition. I will only accept money orders and upon receival, daguin will ship directly from his place with all accessories included.

That's a ridiculous price, lol. I'd totally take that if I had the money :D