Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Techlasers opinions?

Hey guys.

Has anyone had any experience with Techlasers?

Specifically with aftersales.

I recently sent back an Infiniti 125mW as it was mode-hopping after a few seconds use, and did so during the 7 days no quibble refund period.

They confirmed the refund was alright and "being processed" over a week ago now, and still no joy :(

They won't respond to my emails any more, or at least over the past few days, and now I'm stuck with no laser and they still have my money.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

you're lucky you got a response, some people after having issues with their laser have been completely ignored

VW

If you paid by paypal, file a charge back asap. You're lucky as a buyer to have this kind of protection. Otherwise, I don't know what to suggest...

Even if you didn't use PayPal you can easily file a charge-back with your credit card company, all they will ask for is proof that you returned the item, like your shipping receipt/tracking number. I had a problem like that once too, and the credit card company took care of it pronto, no worries really.

Thanks for the tips guys.

I'll give it a week and see what happens.

If still no luck, then I'll get in touch with Visa.

Cheers :)

Hey guys.

It's been several weeks now, and guess what...

.... I seem to have been ex-communicated by Techlasers.

I'm trying to be fair and objective, so not jumping to conclusions, but have to say this "customer service" attitude of theirs absolutely stinks.

Someone at the other end of the line just keeps picking up the phone then hanging up, no emails are reponded to, and the ticket service is just as useless.

At this stage, it might be a case of the refund is being processed, but due to take a while, and in which case, tey might feel it unneccessary to bother communicating with a customer.

Has anyone actually managed to speak to anyone at Techlasers at any point about anything?

I'm trying to call from the UK so there's about a 5 hour delay, and I'm calling between 3-5pm GMT which ought to be around 10am 10 midday EST.

Fingers crossed this just turns out to be a catalogue of errors and not something worse; $400 is a lot of money :(

That is a real shame man. I would call Visa and get a chargeback. Techlasers customer service is ridiculous. You'd probably have been better off with Wicked Lasers! (Note: I do NOT recommend you try Wicked Lasers).

I believe most of us avoid techlasers like the plague. Try and get a chargeback, that's pretty much the only option left.

Re: Techlasers opinions? . CLOSURE!!

Hi all.

Just to close this looong standing issue, for those interested.

I've just received my refund; happy days.

It took a hell of a time to be honest, and I think that it may have got a bit mixed up in their internal operations or something, as when I kicked off for the last time, it seemed to clear quite quickly.

Anyway, for anyone else who may have a problem, I'd recommend NOT trying to phone them, or email them directly.

The only method that seemed to get results was using their ticket system.

I used a credit card by "Egg", here in the UK, and they seemed to say that because it was China, things are a bit more complicated. If it was an EU or North American company, then they would be pretty certain of the outcome, as it was Asian, they wouldn't guarrantee anything.

Worth remembering when you're thinking about your next purchase overseas.

Well, I'm glad it's all settled, finally, and hope that Techlasers manage to settle their customer service and product quality issues. At least if they get customer service sorted properly, the impact of the quality issue would be much less of a problem.

At the end of the day, they have a superb product range and really stand out in terms of value.

Just a shame I guess.

VW

Wait, so did they actually repay you, or did you file a charge back?  I think this is a classic example why their product range and values mean absolutely jack shit...  

VW said:
Wait, so did they actually repay you, or did you file a charge back?  I think this is a classic example why their product range and values mean absolutely jack shit...  

They actually repaid me the full amount, minus shipping costs.

- I initially contacted them on the first day of problems, and they responded in a couple of days with the ok to refund me
- I posted the items back in perfect order and confirmed receipt at their end
- They confirmed I'd get a full refund after they inspected the items
- I waited a few weeks and they contacted me saying it would be cleared and in my account the following day
- Another few weeks pass and nothing in my account
- I kick off
- I begin charge-back proceedings with Egg/Visa
- On the day I'm due to post the forms and evidence back to Egg/Visa, I receive an email from "Worldpay" confirming my refund
- I wait a couple of days to check, and there it is; happy days :)

I think the vast majority of my delay was down to Techlasers' handling, and the issue of poor communication can only land on their laps, alone.

I mean, if I was to expect a refund here in the UK, it would take a matter of hours in most cases.

For an international, single transaction handled through Visa/Worldpay, the turnaround time would be a matter of a few days at most, IF actioned immediately.

I agree though; if the customer service isn't nailed, nothing else really matters as it all simply boils down to a lucky dip which is no basis on which to form a business on, no matter what you're selling.

Anyway, I ended up going with Laserglow in the end, and I can't even begin to express how blown away I was with their customer service and support. They're a benchmark for ANY firm; at least as far as customer service is concerned.

I'll definitely be buying from Laserglow again and can't see myself buying from anyone else to be honest. I appreciate that Optotronics are very good aswell, but Laserglow are just more pro IMHO.

Talk about going from one extreme to the other!!

:)

Yay! Happy ending! ;D

I'm glad you got your refund :) But from what I'm hearing, it's almost like Techlasers spat in the notes before handing them back to you... their customer support don't sound nice at all... :-/

Good work going to Laserglow, they are one of the big 3 when it comes to quality products and service (LaserGlow, Optotronics and NOVA). I'm sure you'll be very happy with whatever you purchase :)