Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

TechLasers - My opinion so far

divdiv

me too. and it's been a day. I'd be much happier if I can get my unit tested and keep it. I'm only going to send it back if they don't give me a better option.

King_K

Rasel said:
:( I'm so tired of this WL/TL drama and bs....
Yeah, me too, it really makes me lose my interest in lasers.

I still have some very good reasons why not to get banned from the LC, so I'll do my best to not to get banned.

i'm with KingK on this one, I still wanna win that photonic disruptor even if it only puts out 20mw :p

divdiv

I'm curious, does anybody on this forum, or following this thread have anything good to say about Techlasers?

S

SenKat

For the record - ther is NOTHING wrong with reading over at the LC, belonging, being a member, etc - just don't fall prey to the BS that emanates from every point on their site...Keep your brain open ! I ASSUME your brains are open - otherwise you would have never found your way HERE ! So, it's all good :)

Rasel

I just wanna see what you guys think about this... it seems logical to me that there are dozens of buyers from WL and TL that we never see on these forums. The few guys that have problems with the lasers choose to come here or to the LC to get help. So there are actually quite a few good units. Everyone on the forums thinks they suck because they are surrounded by people that have had similar bad exerpiences.

If you understand what I'm trying to get at, please respond with a useful contradiction, if you have any. It sounds very possible to me. Anyone who just says no ur dumb with no reasoning is really just a die-hard lpf fanboy imho...

Rasel, I think the question you were trying to pose was some thing to the effect of

Is there anyone on LPF who has purchased or at least tested a large number of WL or TL products?
If so, how many have you tested?
and how many were in Spec.?
Of those you believe were not in Spec. can you please explain why you 'failed' them? Such as 'sold as 125mW only outputs 65mW' or 'divergence was 1.9mRad'

(I like my wording better as I believe it provides for a lesser chance of it taken as inflammatory) ;)

H

High_Octane

Using your logic... If everyone who has a problem would go to a forum to get help or vent.
Then we should be able to grade ALL companies lasers by the amount of complaints. Since we see more complaints from certain companies, it seems to me THOSE sellers have more problems than the others who we don't hear about.

True High Octane, but I'm afraid that most people with an underpowered or mode-hopping pen-style portable laser wouldn't know it.

H

High_Octane

While that may be true, It would be for all the different companies then wouldn't it.
So it all comes out in the wash, so to say.
Besides lets look at what type of complaints and how they get handled by the different co.
Yes they got a bad laser.
How did the co handle it.
Now you get to see the co that really suck.

Actually Rasel i'd like to ask YOU a question. Do you think it is acceptable for a Company to have to RMA a laser 2, 3 and even 4 times(at the Customers expense no less !!) to supply their Customers with the Laser they had promised ??? It's not a big ask to expect to get what you ordered, at least I don't think it is. Aslo in some instances they send out scuffed and/or scratched, possibly second hand, units as replacements that in some instances STILL are not up to Spec !!!!

What do you think about TL claiming 500mW from the crossfire ?? Which, mind you, they were forced to remove from their site due to the hammering they got about it being impossible at the time. Which means if they sold one of that power they calously ripped someone off !!! If anyone supports them(both WL and TL) they are, in some way, condoning this sort of behaviour IMO. Whilst my ass points to the ground neither of them will get a red cent out of me !!!! There is an old saying: "Birds of a feather......"

divdiv said:
I'm curious, does anybody on this forum, or following this thread have anything good to say about Techlasers?

They're funny ;D

Rasel said:
I just wanna see what you guys think about this... it seems logical to me that there are dozens of buyers from WL and TL that we never see on these forums. The few guys that have problems with the lasers choose to come here or to the LC to get help. So there are actually quite a few good units. Everyone on the forums thinks they suck because they are surrounded by people that have had similar bad experiences.

If you understand what I'm trying to get at, please respond with a useful contradiction, if you have any. It sounds very possible to me. Anyone who just says no ur dumb with no reasoning is really just a die-hard lpf fanboy imho...

I'm sure they have a bunch of in-spec units. The problems are the rate of conformity to spec is much lower than that of other companies, and they use business tactics of douche-baggery proportions. Also, customer support seems non-existent for TL.

Rasel

Morepower said:
Actually Rasel i'd like to ask YOU a question.  Do you think it is acceptable for a Company to have to RMA a laser 2, 3 and even 4 times(at the Customers expense no less !!) to supply their Customers with the Laser they had promised ???  It's not a big ask to expect to get what you ordered, at least I don't think it is.  Aslo in some instances they send out scuffed and/or scratched, possibly second hand, units as replacements that in some instances STILL are not up to Spec !!!!  

What do you think about TL claiming 500mW from the crossfire ??  Which, mind you, they were forced to remove from their site due to the hammering they got about it being impossible at the time.  Which means if they sold one of that power they calously ripped someone off !!!  If anyone supports them(both WL and TL) they are, in some way, condoning this sort of behaviour IMO.  Whilst my ass points to the ground neither of them will get a red cent out of me !!!!  There is an old saying:  "Birds of a feather......"
Easy answer: No. But that is bringing up subjects completely irrelevant to my question. I would say that your past experience, which was f-in ridiculous no doubt, obstructs your ability to truly consider the idea.

I'm not promoting or defending them... I'm just thinking. To really get an accurate represention of the situation, you've got to disregard all associations. The idea is really no big deal... I guess it's just my philosophy class coming out :p

divdiv

There is something else to be considered. I used to be fairly active in a couple of forums that dealt with purchasing from online pharmacies. One forum was really biased. The mods would ban people for saying the most slightly negative thing about one of their affiliates. But on this forum and even the much more legitimate forum, there was a serious problem with "users" constantly posting very negative comments about certain sites, that I knew to be very reputable, and CHEAP. These negative comments no doubt came from, directly (or indirectly) from the other merchants that were charging significantly more for the equivalent product. It wasn't obvious at first glance, but if one took the time to go through the endless pages, it became very apparent that the claims of poor product quality or non-delivery was in most cases completely false. I doubt this is a problem here, but it could be if the laser community got as large as the overseas pharmacy community. But then, we'd all be blind then.