Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Teaser: The BlitzBuck - A 2A+ Switching Buck Driver

Unfortunately, as far as I know, the BlitzBuck can't drive that low of a voltage. It may be able to though. I will need to do more extensive testing. This driver, however, was originally built for 445s.

Hiemal

Wolf; why wouldn't it be able to?

It's a buck driver, so it can drop the voltage as much as it needs to. Hell, if it really wanted to it could output 0 volts. That's the great thing about buck drivers. :)

That's what I wondered too. But it wouldn't draw any current or output anything when I tried it. But it may have been a defective board.

Ah... I know why. The board can't drop below 2.5V out... for now ;)

Last edited:
I like that "for now ;)"

You smart kids are fun to watch!

:D

Last edited:
;) Yeah, that version probably won't be released until mid-August at the earliest. I haven't even started design on it. I am still waiting on the 100 BlitzBuck V3s that clif ordered for his shop before I go off to FermiLab.

;) Yeah, that version probably won't be released until mid-August at the earliest. I haven't even started design on it. I am still waiting on the 100 BlitzBuck V3s that clif ordered for his shop before I go off to FermiLab.

Aww come on man, I was thinking early next week! :D

Hey, thanks again for all your help understanding the drivers better. :thanks:

index.php

Afraid that would happen...

Click Here for a picture of the driver and how to wire it and set current

Last edited:
LOL - you guys are funny. I was afraid that my attempt to link the picture of the wiring diagram wouldn't work since it didn't end in a jpg. I was right, it just gave a broken image icon. I was on ipad and couldn't do any wrangling, let me try again.

Ah, the PC with "inspect element" options...

BlitzBuck%20V3%20round.JPG

Last edited: