Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tactical 1.2w 445nm o-like

hey.. how did you open the focus aperture? mine is too tight, maybe it's glued :(

I'll post some pics tonight, basically for me all it took was some pliers, it was too tight to do by hand.

Divergence is decent. As far as duty cycle, recommended is 60sec on 2min off...

Personally I've run mine until host starts to feel warm, which is around 2 minutes. Most likely this laser car run for longer, I just don't feel like experimenting.

This laser has a really nice host that has a lot of room in it, if/when it dies, I'll recycle it.

Edit: While I'd recommend it, I'd recommend custom builds from this forum more;)

Last edited:
i've own this laser for a week, now i sent it back to susie (o-like) :(
spartan has a much better beam profile (more narrow linewidth) than this.

Last edited:
nope.. but, since it's only $5 and $19, i think it's not a problem

Mostly I was curious about shipping the laser back - for me original shipping was $8+$14 for expedited. Then shipping back was $35.

Since it's gonna take over two months to get a working laser, I am gonna ask for them to refund me at least part of the shipping fee back/original expedited price.

The laser was defective from day one, so I don't think I should bear the full responsibility of a $49 shipping tag (note I'm not counting the original normal fee). I'll take a credit for another purchase though, I think that's pretty reasonable.

Just to be clear, the faulty laser was the 400mW torch, not the 1.2W tactical... which I like a lot.

I have that flashlight, I had to take few looks when i opened the pics. Folks that is one bad flashlight and weapon if the 18650 fails. Its heavy w/o the 18650. Not sure if its a knock off or someones rendition of what a launchable flashlight should be if you have to throw it at somthing. I may still have the box it came in. It was really a fluke purchase it looked a bit to chunky. Only reason i bought it was for the 2x Surefire 18650 3000ma and a Surefire charger. At the time before powering it up, it was headed for my little scrap yard.

I have a bunch of expensive SSC-p7 flashlights and after a few days i figured i would power it up once before taking it apart. And noiticed it had and adjustable head with half dollar ize concave plastic optic. Let me first apologies if i just hijacked your thread ( for an LED flashlight). It blows away any flashlight i personally own in pity-full fashion. Because of the head design you can focus tight enough that you can see the LED diode reflection in detail on a white wall.

I plan on using it as a host for a future laser build if i can find another one. At the moment its attached to a AR-15 with a tap sensor i added. The flashlight barrel is overly thick thick. Maybe 18 gauge at the threads and two protective rings machined into the barrel. And a pretty cool thick rubber shock absorbing ring that's slides over the barrel to keep it from rolling or maintain direction of focus. Most of the bulk of the weight is the head itself ( 4 individual pieces ) and the AL heat-sink is heavy. An would require some machining for a conversion.

Mnandus - The pics show a modified version. Take a look at your clicky? The original clicky in the flashlight is pretty sweet. The spring is completely hidden and the positive contact is copper with a thermal polymer ring keeping in position ( its heavy as the 18650 battery). If its the same i would keep it on the host version.

I have the guys card who sold it to me. I can tell you what i paid but i also purchased to R/C Helicopters a few minutes earlier so i cant say for certain if he knocked a few bucks off the $40 bucks for all mentioned above.

I'm keeping one in its native form. When i find the guys card I'm buying another as a host. If anyone wants to search for this flashlight on-line shoot a PM i should have the box it came in somewhere. I did try once or twice but no luck.

Again sorry for the hijacked thread. My point was to provide some details regarding the host.

BHW- if you like thick heavy hosts this thing will no doubt make you happy out of the box.

InfinitusEquitas - Im up near the GW. I just ordered my LPM and its going to be a while. I'll send you a PM when i recieve it if you like.

Steve

Last edited:
@DarkSide

I work in Engelwood Cliffs. Literally 5 minutes from GW. Although I did get my LPM so I have been able to measure all my lasers.

Results left me kind of depressed, but nothing catastrophic. The 1.2W o-like turned out to be 1-1.05W. Susie gave me a $10 refund since it was slightly underspec though.

$10 bucks for 100-150mw ? The refund should be somewhat related to the price.

At least the LPM is beggining to pay for itself..

Im off R-4. Paramus. Born and bred in Queens, NY!

^^^I'm next door in Fair Lawn.

In addition to the $10 she also sent out out a replacement to me faster for the 400mW laser. Besides, by o-like logic the laser is on spec, raw optical for the 1.2W is supposed to be at least 1W, for the 1W version it's at least 800mW.... Makes no sense to me, but that's what she says. I guess the thought process is that for anyone without an LPM it would be impossible to tell the difference.

I can place a beam shot at towards my 3 o'clock and you ll see it on a good night.
What kind of mount system does the 1.2w come with? What are you mounting the laser too? Just curious as to the amount and type of recoil and if it loosened up? without having to use loc-tite

To be honest I just use it for star pointing on occasion (Extreme overkill but I enjoy it:D). I don't mount it to anything, but with a little foam inside... laser could probably handle recoil just fine.

I actually like the the focusing is so tight because I prefer to just leave my laser focused to infinity.