Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Survival Laser S4™ (1W 520nm) w/Tutorial, Beamshots, and more!

Cool build, that host will fit a belt holster nicely.

Diffusing off your garage door it looks nice and bright.

Hitting that cloud I can see the line in place of a tight dot of a 532

I wonder if you might have a 500mw 532 that you could compare side by side?

Thanks for looking,
I did sold it to lifetime17 so you can ask him what the divergence is like, he probably have tons of laser to compare.
:thanks:

Wow, that's far better than I thought. I check FAA weather for my local area to know how high the cloud bases are, but I've gotten used to how the dot looks, at 5000 feet high I can clearly see a dot when using a beam expander on my NDG7475T 520nm pointer. At 7000 feet I find it difficult to see a dot, simply because it is too far away, I am sure. I cannot distinguish a dot on a cloud base much higher than 7,000 feet, but I know the dot must be there because my beam expander is huge, the divergence is still tight enough at that distance to produce a fairly tight beam when expanded to 5 inches diameter.

I have some sliding expanders on some of my 200mw 532's and they get way out there, you probably do this already, but when they are very high I move between the cloud and a clear spot and adjust until I can see the spot, when there way high it can be faint, I have some 7x50 binoculars with coated lenses for low light, plus 7x35 is unity so I gain light with the 50mm objective and I can see the clouds moving past my spot and some light glow with the binos, but the laser has to be mounted, my hand is not that super steady, don't know that anyone's is.

Wow, that's far better than I thought. I check FAA weather for my local area to know how high the cloud bases are, but I've gotten used to how the dot looks, at 5000 feet high I can clearly see a dot when using a beam expander on my NDG7475T 520nm pointer. At 7000 feet I find it difficult to see a dot, simply because it is too far away, I am sure. I cannot distinguish a dot on a cloud base much higher than 7,000 feet, but I know the dot must be there because my beam expander is huge, the divergence is still tight enough at that distance to produce a fairly tight beam when expanded to 5 inches diameter.

Try asking lifetime17 about it, I no longer has the laser on hand so I cannot test it anymore. He has tons of expanders, I bet he can hook one up and do a test for you.

Thanks,