Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Survival Laser July 4th Weekend SALE!!

Yeah. Really wanting to build both a 480 and 505 Pen, and I've had a 635 module sitting around for a year in waiting. Honestly, it doesn't necessarily have to be a pen, just a smallish side button host would be nice. It'd be spectacular to have a stainless one like your other hosts.

Either way, thanks for considering Gary! :)

Speaking of pen hosts... I recently chatted with CNI and they told me they'll let pen hosts go for around $25 for each chassis. I emailed them interested in two. Shipping though for those woulda been a little cost prohibitive (for my wanting two units). BUT, any of you big timers, Survival, DTR, whomever, maybe you can chat em up on bulk.
-Josh

Garoq

Speaking of pen hosts... I recently chatted with CNI and they told me they'll let pen hosts go for around $25 for each chassis. I emailed them interested in two. Shipping though for those woulda been a little cost prohibitive (for my wanting two units). BUT, any of you big timers, Survival, DTR, whomever, maybe you can chat em up on bulk.
-Josh

Thanks for the tip, Josh!

Garoq

I thought I'd let you all know that I had an email exchange with CNI, and unfortunately they are unwilling to sell us pen hosts in any quantity. :(

I'll let you know if anything changes or if we find another supplier.

GSS

Something I think everyone should know:)
I just recently purchased 2 more of the Standard Eagle glasses and was quite surprised that they are now rated at OD5.
Confirmed it with Gary and they were sure upgraded from the previous OD4:)

BobMc

I thought I'd let you all know that I had an email exchange with CNI, and unfortunately they are unwilling to sell us pen hosts in any quantity. :(

Thanks Garoq, for the heads up and thanks for trying :bowdown: :)

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Something I think everyone should know:)
I just recently purchased 2 more of the Standard Eagle glasses and was quite surprised that they are now rated at OD5.
Confirmed it with Gary and they were sure upgraded from the previous OD4:)

Excellent, more is always better when it comes to eye safety, if a person wants even more protection, the slipover style goggles have an OD6 rating!
I just recently received a pair, and visibility remains excellent, even at the higher OD6 rating. :yh:

@Gary, sorry to hear that CNI won't provide pen hosts, that's a bummer.

Well, shucks. Thanks for the effort anyway. I Wonder why they flopped on selling those...