Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Survival laser (445 nm, 1000-1300 mW) Review (PIC HEAVY)

(oftopic) Yes i am. Like hardstyle especially at party's & festivals in combination with nice laser shows & fireworks. Also like the faster variant hardcore. Is Hardstyle big in the US? Or just underground? In the Netherlands it's very big:D thank god. Lots of festivals here this summer:D

(oftopic) Yes i am. Like hardstyle especially at party's & festivals in combination with nice laser shows & fireworks. Also like the faster variant hardcore. Is Hardstyle big in the US? Or just underground? In the Netherlands it's very big:D thank god. Lots of festivals here this summer:D
Fcuk my phone. it just logged me off the net as i was posting this huge response... now for the short version: hardcore is amazing too, both hardstyle and hardcore are mainly underground, as mainstream is still trance out here in los angeles. dubstep just just just took hold and is "in" here. they finnalllly play house on the local radio, and i ve been dreaming of attending q dance events for years. i loved Headhunterz first performance in us live, but missed out on showtek twice while they wre here. if im ever in nl, ill hit you up. first im guna go to tokyo and check the underground psytrance and happy hardcore. well first i gotta stop buying lasers n shtuff and save for plane tickets.

Fcuk my phone. it just logged me off the net as i was posting this huge response... now for the short version: hardcore is amazing too, both hardstyle and hardcore are mainly underground, as mainstream is still trance out here in los angeles. dubstep just just just took hold and is "in" here. they finnalllly play house on the local radio, and i ve been dreaming of attending q dance events for years. i loved Headhunterz first performance in us live, but missed out on showtek twice while they wre here. if im ever in nl, ill hit you up. first im guna go to tokyo and check the underground psytrance and happy hardcore. well first i gotta stop buying lasers n shtuff and save for plane tickets.

Well that s*cks ghehe. Ok nice to hear that people from the other side of the world are also into hardstyle:D Dubstep is making it's comming up here since a year or so. But it's not my favorite. To bad you missed showtek, he's a very good dj. But both headhunterz and showtek are getting a bid old here though. There are a lot of new dj's who are working their ways up. Yes let me know when you're planning to go to the Netherlands;) Maybe I can give you some advice which party to go to. And have fun in tokyo!! Must be crazy there, i think...

As for the survival laser, I just managed to burn white paper very easily. Just have to focus it right. Check the video

And i'm working on a liquid sky projector to. Will upload a video of that one later today. Think i'll make a review of that one and the other projector so we can keep this thread to the survival laser.

Last edited:
Nice review.

This is completely off topic, but I've never been able to get mine to run off a single 18650. Maybe I need to add some solder blobs to the battery, since it doesn't have much of a "cap" on the positive end. I've actually tried a couple of different ones though and both times I got nothing, no light whatsoever.

Nice review.

This is completely off topic, but I've never been able to get mine to run off a single 18650. Maybe I need to add some solder blobs to the battery, since it doesn't have much of a "cap" on the positive end. I've actually tried a couple of different ones though and both times I got nothing, no light whatsoever.

Thanks!

I've had the same problem. The positive end didn't make contact. First I tried the back of a nail to connect the two. But it seemed like it made very little burn spots on as well the battery as the laser. So I figured i should put something in that is made to pass electricity, in order not to destroy the laser. So i added a piece of an 9v battery. This way it's not possible to completely close the tail cap though, but it works! I guess a solder blob works aswell or even better;)

Last edited:

v33

I'm close to pulling the trigger on one of these as well. I don't really need another 445 but I love the quality and construction of this laser. Really like stealthy flashlight hosts. Hows the runtime with the supplied battery?

In the picture that compares the batteries witch batterie are you using for the brighter image. please would go back edit and right above each one witch batterie you are using. I am thinking about getting this laser and your review basicly sealed the deal thx.

In the brighter image i use the batteries that came along with the laser: 2 CR123A rechargeables which gives you 1000-1300 mW.
To decrease the output you can use 1 sanyo 18650 rechargeable which gives you 150-200 mW. I've listed it above the two images;)
you can buy the 18650's here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/quality-18650-batteries-charger-57069.html

I'm close to pulling the trigger on one of these as well. I don't really need another 445 but I love the quality and construction of this laser. Really like stealthy flashlight hosts. Hows the runtime with the supplied battery?

Can't give you an exact answer to that question. So far I've only charged it once. Did al lot of shining and burning with it but I can't be more precise, sorry. Maybe someone else can answer this question?

Thanks!

I've had the same problem. The positive end didn't make contact. First I tried the back of a nail to connect the two. But it seemed like it made very little burn spots on as well the battery as the laser. So I figured i should put something in that is made to pass electricity, in order not to destroy the laser. So i added a piece of an 9v battery. This way it's not possible to completely close the tail cap though, but it works! I guess a solder blob works aswell or even better;)

Well in my case the solder blob didn't help. I don't know why, but mine just won't run from a single 3.6v source. No big deal though, I was just wanting to lower the power to make it a little "safer" for indoor use. :)

Word of advice, if you are going to try to place a blob of solder on the end of a battery, I highly recommend that you put some flux on the battery first and then keep building up the solder on the end of your iron until it drips of (at a very close range) to the top of the battery. You may need to apply some heat to the battery as well to get it to adhere well.

Well in my case the solder blob didn't help. I don't know why, but mine just won't run from a single 3.6v source. No big deal though, I was just wanting to lower the power to make it a little "safer" for indoor use. :)

Word of advice, if you are going to try to place a blob of solder on the end of a battery, I highly recommend that you put some flux on the battery first and then keep building up the solder on the end of your iron until it drips of (at a very close range) to the top of the battery. You may need to apply some heat to the battery as well to get it to adhere well.

Ok, thats kinda strange... It's really handy when it's about 150-200 mW. Ok thanks for the advice!

Here's a new video of my home-made liquid sky. I made 3 diferent paterns (cd's). And each patern gives 3 effects (green, blue and green and blue). Enjoy the video!

Added this video and the white paper burning to the begin post.