Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Super X-Drive(SXD-V3) repair

nmbusa

Hi ya fellas
For anyone like me mistakenly feeding reverse polarity to their x-drive and frying main ic.
If you have a hot air rework station give it a go.

20210614_123255.jpg

set pot at around 1.4 KOhms outputing a nice 4.7Amps
20210614_193452.jpg20210614_193151.jpg

just have to dig up a 2k and 4.7k res to parallel
worked for me like a charm. cheers

Last edited:

You are just making waste heat in a hurry pushing a nubm44 above 4.5a and knocking your output down unless you only lase for a few seconds from a cold start, to do any good beyond 4.5a you need active cooling.

Commander J. Bloodmaker

I run my 44 @ 2.5 to 3, active cooling, with pelter if i so wish to stabilize the wave. I can run it way , way higher with temps staying reasonable. I like it though, and don't want to kill it.

Hi ya fellas
For anyone like me mistakenly feeding reverse polarity to their x-drive and frying main ic.
If you have a hot air rework station give it a go.

View attachment 72978

set pot at around 1.4 KOhms outputing a nice 4.7Amps
View attachment 72981View attachment 72982

just have to dig up a 2k and 4.7k res to parallel
worked for me like a charm. cheers
I accidentally did a reverse polarity goof. But, I don't understand the fix for it.

have to change main ic which has blown even if no burn mark is visible ;)
I thought there was some kind of reverse polarity protection......something else that blows. Where do you get the IC? BTW, your opinion. I have used all of these.....which ones do you like...ACS, SuperX and Astral. What I like about both the ACS and the Astral is that you don't have to bridge resisters. The ACS seems to be very stable and hard to screw up.....but it is a little more difficult to thermally bond.

nmbusa

I thought there was some kind of reverse polarity protection......something else that blows. Where do you get the IC? BTW, your opinion. I have used all of these.....which ones do you like...ACS, SuperX and Astral. What I like about both the ACS and the Astral is that you don't have to bridge resisters. The ACS seems to be very stable and hard to screw up.....but it is a little more difficult to thermally bond.
as you're in the us of a, digikey mouser or straight from texas instruments.
only used super x which I got ages ago set at a fixed 2.4A for a NDB7875,now set at 4.7A

as you're in the us of a, digikey mouser or straight from texas instruments.
only used super x which I got ages ago set at a fixed 2.4A for a NDB7875,now set at 4.7A
For a 7875...4.7...a lot of juice! Do you know the part number for the ic

nmbusa

cummon now not to be rude look carefully at whole post 4.7A of "juice"is for NUBM44
part number is in photo ;)