Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Super old member passing by and saying hi.

Hello,

It has been a while. I don't even remember the last time I bought a laser here. For one I am also surprised that my account still exists here.

Just coming here to say that watching randomly Styropyro's videos sort of rekindled my interest a bit in lasers. I just went back to amazon to get those 18650 batteries to power my old beauties.
I just wanted to mention that I'm really amazed with how much laser diode technology has progressed since.

The last laser I bought was from someone I don't even remember. It was a 400mW 445nm in the typical chinese LED flashlight packaging, a very cute 200mW red from a member that has heavily discounted it - which I got for about less than 100 euros.

I do remember a name though, Igor Teichman who sold me this neat 405nm 200mW laser, probably the quirkiest one ever and is still my favourite.

Peace out.

Attachments

• IMG_20190130_200016.jpg
    IMG_20190130_200016.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 7

WB :)
So you like 405nm, me too, I bet you would really like a nice BDR-209 405nm single mode doing 750mw which they do well, some push for 1w but it drastically shortens the lifespan, 750mw is no problem, recommend a slight ramp up or just get 1 from DTR with driver set/installed and you can grab a nice host at a very fair price from Lifetime17

Thank you for your replies! I am currently looking for more exotic colours rather than raw power.

At the moment I am looking into Sanwu 488nm pocket series... back then I was jealous of people with their argon lasers putting out those pretty blue colours but now it's possible to get so many colours it's insane haha.

Here's to hoping the yellow ones will go down in price as well.

On a sidenote, my signature from 12 years ago is very cringey.

Hi
Welcome back old timer, I dont remember you but wow still creeping about. Yes tech has evolved rather fast to when you remember. And the funny thing is that we al are hoping for something better all the time.

Glad to see your backfire a spell.

Rich:)

I remember you.... glad to hear you have returned.
Sanwu?.... good choice ..BUT look at JETLASERS (.org)before you decided----- read the reviews, both makers are all '5 stars', so no wrong choice.
Most sold to LPF-- JL (big head start & 10 group buys), Best customer support?.. tough call.. but Gray at JL has been here longer...English Major...then learned lasers..'the JL store site reflects that in a big way'. JL is not eekbay or Samazon..

I think Blord came after you took a break and just 'retired' big Fav with UK et al members.
He is missed.
But moreso are those that passed.

AND buying from a member always works out better IMO. LOOK at the fine work by the member with the post above...also Jayrob and Flaminpyro are still active.. But many fine 'older' LPF craftsmen have 'left the building.'

PM anytime...hak

Thank you for your replies! I am currently looking for more exotic colours rather than raw power.

At the moment I am looking into Sanwu 488nm pocket series... back then I was jealous of people with their argon lasers putting out those pretty blue colours but now it's possible to get so many colours it's insane haha.

Here's to hoping the yellow ones will go down in price as well.

On a sidenote, my signature from 12 years ago is very cringey.

You will love the 488nm I will bet, it's a real chameleon as it looks blue/green but more of one than the other depending on it's surroundings because of how our brains process color, it's also quite attractive IMHO, I would like to have a 1/4 watt in a single mode 488nm someday but my 488nm @ 60mw is nice and with a little fog even better, enjoy. :)

We have lost so many good members through the years. It is always nice when someone returns. Welcome back!

The colors that are easily available now were the stuff of dreams, dpss, and gas lasers back then. 488-495nm diodes are my absolute favorite right now.

I remember you.... glad to hear you have returned.
Sanwu?.... good choice ..BUT look at JETLASERS (.org)before you decided----- read the reviews, both makers are all '5 stars', so no wrong choice.
Most sold to LPF-- JL (big head start & 10 group buys), Best customer support?.. tough call.. but Gray at JL has been here longer...English Major...then learned lasers..'the JL store site reflects that in a big way'. JL is not eekbay or Samazon..

I think Blord came after you took a break and just 'retired' big Fav with UK et al members.
He is missed.
But moreso are those that passed.

AND buying from a member always works out better IMO. LOOK at the fine work by the member with the post above...also Jayrob and Flaminpyro are still active.. But many fine 'older' LPF craftsmen have 'left the building.'

PM anytime...hak

Hi, I remember your name, really cool to see you stayed here!
Thank you for letting me know about JLasers. It's true that I had mostly positive experiences with members, and the best lasers I own come from them.
I know that LPF used to be very selective of whose websites they chose to advertise, hence why I was considering Sanwu.
Just had a look at JL- They don't have 488s which I am looking for. Their builds look pretty decent though, and I will take your word as per their reputation here.
Had a stalk at B/S/T I noticed a few new stuff like >1W reds, it's really mind-blowing how you can get things like that now, for the same price as a 200mW red used to cost, when true 200mW was considered as high end of the power-spectrum.

Welcome back. I have a 488nm direct diode laser that does better than 100 mW of output power. This was made easily by using the Sharp 490nm diode and measuring a batch of them for wavelength. You can drive these at 275 mA, which they take quite well, and you have the option of using either an acrylic lens or DTR's 2E 520nm AR coated lens. All other lenses give a horrible rectangular artifact to the beam's profile. Check out the 477nm to 502nm lasers in my signature. These are all Sharp diodes.