Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Super Diode!

I was messing around with a new rendering program I got and I ended up making a whole diode in solidworks, though its not entirely dimensionally correct.

I think they're still pretty cool looking :D

untitled21.jpg

untitled24.jpg

Those little wires had me stumped for a loooong time, modeling things on an irregular plane like that gets tricky.

If anyone has the precise dimensions I'll update the model to make it 100% accurate :p

Macro shots without a camera! Props!
Great view through the window. That glow reflecting off the back give such a real look.
How long did it take?

TTerbo

the first picture reminds me of two pacmans......

looks like you have designed a turquoise laser diode there :p

Top image, that's the last thing you'll see right before it hits lasing threshold.......

seoguy

That first pic looks like you invented a "Radium" laser! ;)

IIRC, many high-power long-die lasers have a narrower raised portion on top that goes the entire length, with the gold wired attaching to connectors along the length in the center?

For an LOC powerful enough to require multiple lead wires, the die also looks a bit narrow, might want to make it wider?

Wow, nice! Very realistic. Print it out and see if it lases.

For starters, you'll need the emitter centered in the window, but otherwise it looks great!

Things

How did you get the glow on the object? Didn't know Solidworks had features like that :p

Nice work.

Cheers,
Dan