Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Suggestion: Turn off the ability to give reps for old posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MWUnNMh.jpg

:crackup:

Yes of course I know why. Do you? I don't think so. So let me break it down for you.

It is because you are behaving like an immature child who can't recognize that respect is earned.

True respect is not simply given.

Polite tolerance is the most you can ever expect from people without getting to know them, and that, only if you in turn show them the same polite tolerance.

diachi

I show respect until it is no longer deserved.

Or until you disagree with what someone has to say? :confused:

Such as when I pointed out on Skype that you were complaining about undeserved negative reps, yet left me one for no good reason?

cXlrRky.png

Case. And. Point.

Changed it to be a troll :tinfoil:

Fixed it for you

MWUnNMh.jpg

Yes of course I know why. Do you? I don't think so. So let me break it down for you.

It is because you are behaving like an immature child who can't recognize that respect is earned.

True respect is not simply given.

Polite tolerance is the most you can ever expect from people without getting to know them, and that, only if you in turn show them the same polite tolerance.

You gave a negative rep first bud. Don't bitch about someone returning it.
If you can't possibly fathom the simple concept of having respect for your fellow forum members then you really shouldn't hang around.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16589

I see the value in being able to find accurate uncluttered information.
I wonder if a little chat room window in the lower left corner would be fun and help keep post clean and informative?
Of course there should be no rep for chat and no searchable record of the chat other than a log for the heck of it, but not as searchable information.

The thing is we have a 1000 people logged on yet only a handful of posters, maybe a chat window would be fun?

It's just an idea that would let instant debate of the validity of info be addressed before it's written into a post.

There is an IRC Laserchat But like LPF many have been trolled off. I think having an attached chat group would be awesome, Photonlexicon has on.
If we do that It will need to be moderated.

I think the rep should be modified to leave one point and one point only. That way no one can become too powerful and ruin newcomers like cyparagon has done to so many.

Agreed

However it may be too late for that Since people already have Such high rep it would just unbalance it even more.
As much as it pains me to say it maybe its time for a rep reset All members with positive rep reset to 10 then start the 1 point system.

On the subject of Neg reps I also think there should be a written rule That you can't neg rep someone In retaliation for one received.
Here is an example pulled straight from a rep page

"Here's your neg back buddy"

If you get a neg rep Man up grow some balls and deal with it.
If you feel a neg rep is uncalled for have a mod review and remove it.

You still don't get it do you?

Get this through your thick head. Just because someone doesn't agree with you, or corrects you due to your factual mistake, or calls you out for it, doesn't mean they are disrespecting you.

F6E0SQ5.gif

See what you made me do? You made me to to the gif solution.

I would like to add Visible also insulted me I mentioned in my view that he eggs Cyp on at times and this argument by responding to him.

*sigh* I don't want anymore of this.

-Alex

There is an IRC Laserchat But like LPF many have been trolled off. I think having an attached chat group would be awesome, Photonlexicon has on.
If we do that It will need to be moderated.

Agreed

However it may be too late for that Since people already have Such high rep it would just unbalance it even more.
As much as it pains me to say it maybe its time for a rep reset All members with positive rep reset to 10 then start the 1 point system.

On the subject of Neg reps I also think there should be a written rule That you can't neg rep someone In retaliation for one received.

That's not going to solve the rep problem as there will always be someone who abuses the neg repping. A mod removing it doesn't help either as that same person will rep again if they see it was removed.
It's not about manning up it's about disrespect and some members here just cannot grasp the concept.

I would like to add Visible also insulted me I mentioned in my view that he eggs Cyp on at times and this argument by responding to him.

-Alex

The heck are you talking about?

Last edited:

diachi

That seems like a fair rule to me!

I agree, use some maturity and deal with it. No point getting your knickers in a twist when you don't agree with what someone says on the internet.

-Alex
Agreed, we don't need this drama.

That's not going to solve the rep problem as there will always be someone who abuses the neg repping. A mod removing it doesn't help either as that same person will rep again if they see it was removed.
It's not about manning up it's about disrespect and some members here just cannot grasp the concept.

The heck are you talking about?

You seem to be one of the ones that can't grasp that concept. How can you expect anyone to respect you if you don't show any respect to anyone else the moment they disagree with you? It's a two way street.

Last edited:
I'm not going to bother responding anymore. All you guys have done was made baseless accusations. Fine you want to crap on this forum then so be it. There's no justice here. I feel bad for the hobby...

ARG

Let's talk about you shall we? Cyparagon, in open forum hijacked a thread complaining about it and you banned me instead. You can't be trusted as a mod imho.

Let's replay this, Cyparagon first derailed the thread, and you started arguing and also derailing the thread. At this point you are both in the wrong, regardless of who started it.

I gave everyone a warning, and asked everyone to stop arguing and keep the thread on topic.

After the warning you continued the argument. Honestly, what did you really expect to happen? Hypothetically, if you got a warning after a poor performance review at work and you failed to correct the behavior that warranted the warning would you expect to keep the job? I wouldn't.

Do the hobby and community a favor and get lost.

...case in point. An olive branch was extended by Cyparagon to change and you don't even have the common courtesy to cease fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.