Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Suggestion for a new laser.

I would suggest that it....

would be appreciated if you introduce
yourself to the members in the Welcome
section so they know a little about the
member they are helping.

It would also be helpful to members if
you included your Global location in your
Profile...

Jerry

BobMc

Welcome to the forum Luj8n. It's recommend that you introduce yourself in the "welcome" section and tell us a little about yourself. As far as which one to buy? It's about how much money you have to spend. There "ok" but there's a lot better out there if you can add a little more to your laser fund. That being said, as a starter laser there fine. Just make sure to pick up the corrrct safety glasses. As with all high powered lasers they can do premament damage instantaneously. So be careful and welcome.

Hi,
Welcome to LPF here are some great folks with tons of info be safe and enjoy. Hope you find a great laser.

Rich:)

Nexgen

Welcome!
Hey, do you have experience in such hi-powered lasers? If not I wouldn’t suggest you buying that laser. If you want to to gain some experience in lasers I would suggest “laser 303” as your first laser. These are cheap (3-10$). Also you will need good safety glasses, for your wavelength. I suggest buying from http://survivallaser.com they sell good glasses with CE certification.

Nexgen

Welcome!
Hey, do you have experience in such hi-powered lasers? If not I wouldn’t suggest you buying that laser. If you want to to gain some experience in lasers I would suggest “laser 303” as your first laser. These are cheap (3-10$). Also you will need good safety glasses, for your wavelength. I suggest buying from http://survivallaser.com they sell good glasses with CE certification.

Luj8n

Welcome to the forum Luj8n. It's recommend that you introduce yourself in the "welcome" section and tell us a little about yourself. As far as which one to buy? It's about how much money you have to spend. There "ok" but there's a lot better out there if you can add a little more to your laser fund. That being said, as a starter laser there fine. Just make sure to pick up the corrrct safety glasses. As with all high powered lasers they can do premament damage instantaneously. So be careful and welcome.

Sooo... I can't spend more than 60€ ($). I have found these 2 lasers on eBay. And I can't decide which one should I buy. Can you help me decide?

Nexgen

Sooo... I can't spend more than 60€ ($). I have found these 2 lasers on eBay. And I can't decide which one should I buy. Can you help me decide?

I would suggest Thor M2, because better-looking host and glass lens. Note that Other laser has plastic lens that can be easily burned with long duty cycle. Also it doesn’t have universal screw for starcaps(not all starcaps will screw on), so if I were you, I would buy Thor M2. IMO

Last edited:

Luj8n

I would suggest Thor M2, because better-looking host and glass lens. Note that Other laser has plastic lens that can be easily burned with long duty cycle. Also it doesn’t have universal screw for starcaps(not all starcaps will screw on), so if I were you, I would buy Thor M2. IMO

Thanks man! :) 👍

BobMc

Thanks Nexgen, I have no hands on experience with the Thor's.

Thanks man! :) 👍

Go with what Nexgen recommends. :)