Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Stuck battery in DX 200mw red

As above really.

I fed the thing a couple of Panasonic CR2s to get going, and the one at the head end is jammed in place moves a little on the spring, but won't come out.
I've banged it on my mousemat and the heel of my hand to no avail.

They're hardly used, but I'd just be delaying things if I waited until they run down before trying to extricate it.

Any (dissasembly?) tips?

do you have any strong-ish magnets you could use? I'm using the panasonic CR2s in mine as well and they seem fine... weird.

Ah, I do have some as spacers for CR2s. And they have holes in the middle...

No joy. They're fairly strong, but not strong enough. I had some even stronger ones, but I can't find them and couldn't attach a line to them anyway.

super glue on a pencil, put it in without touching the sides, and pull it out(hot glue would work too) havent tried it but seems logical

Silly git, NEVER shock the laser in any way, shape or form. Those diodes are very delicate.

Unscrew the top section, so that the driver board comes out with the diode. THEN bang it and it will come out - or simply use a stick to push it out,

bob1122 said:
Silly git, NEVER shock the laser in any way, shape or form. Those diodes are very delicate.

Unscrew the top section, so that the driver board comes out with the diode. THEN bang it and it will come out - or simply use a stick to push it out,

i'd be more worried about a greenie, red lasers are pretty hard to break just from physical shock

AHA! I had to resort to padded pliers, but I got the head off.

There's a sort of ridge or lip machined into the body at about the right place to get a battery stuck, but have the laser still work.

The rechargeables I ordered slide straight through, which is nice.