Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Stretch Gatling Laser Help

RBreeze

I’ve read numerous posts and it seems like the consensus is that Gatling pointers are pretty much garbage. I’m new to all of this and I apologize but still have a question. I’ve been looking for assembly and disassembly help because I believe my driver and diode somehow became disconnected and not sure how to go about repairing it. And again I realize it’s a stupid question but this is all new to me and any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

GSS

The biggest problem in the big amount of glue they use inside when they build them.
The glue can be hard or on the softer side. Which makes it just about impossible to take them apart without destroying the inside's or pulling parts apart even more, especially if they drench the driver in glue to keep it from wandering and attached to the module.
Some pic's would be nice to show to what you think is a disconnected driver.

I have taken apart some 301 host's which also have alot of epoxy buy pressing the module/driver out with a C clamp and hollow metal tube that had a notches cut out to clear any switches and the driver so it could properly hit the back of the module.
The key is not to rush and take your time if your going to have anychance.
I would use the search option up top and search for similar questions.

Last edited:

RBreeze

The biggest problem in the big amount of glue they use inside when they build them.
The glue can be hard or on the softer side. Which makes it just about impossible to take them apart without destroying the inside's or pulling parts apart even more, especially if the drench the driver in glue to keep it from wondering and attached to the module.

I have taken apart some 301 host's which also have alot of epoxy buy pressing the module/driver out with a C clamp and hollow metal tube that had a notches cut out to clear any switches and the driver so it could properly hit the back of the module.
The glue can be hard or on the softer side. Which makes it just about impossible to take them apart without destroying the inside's or pulling parts apart even more, especially if the drench the driver in glue to keep it from wondering and attached to the module.

Thank you so much for your response. I thought I uploaded photos with my original post but apparently I did that incorrectly as well. I will try to attach them to this response now. Please let me know if you get this reply with the pics. Thanks again

RBreeze

It saying that the jpeg files are too large to upload and I’ve tried everything I can think of. I guess email would be the only other option I can think of. I apologize. Never had this problem uploading photos with any other site.

GSS

It saying that the jpeg files are too large to upload and I’ve tried everything I can think of. I guess email would be the only other option I can think of. I apologize. Never had this problem uploading photos with any other site.
LOL! No worries as it took me 5 years to be able to post pic's:)
I still upload them the stupid way as I have a cheap cell phone. I text pic's to my emails and then download them and pull them from there:whistle:

RBreeze

I still upload them the stupid way as I have a cheap cell phone. I text pic's to my emails and then download them and pull them from there:whistle:
Thanks. I’ll see if that works.

RBreeze

Yup tried that as well and it still won’t allow it. Basically the driver board became disconnected from the module. The spring and everything else still appears to be intact but with no batteries or end cap the driver board is loose and can just slide out. I’m just wondering how to reattach it if possible. I realize without a photo it’s probably damn near impossible to help. Either way I apologize for wasting any of your time. Never would’ve posted the question in the first place if I didn’t think the pics wouldn’t upload.

Anthony P

Post pictures on outside website like IMGUR and place link here.

Reactions: GSS

GSS

Yup tried that as well and it still won’t allow it. Basically the driver board became disconnected from the module. The spring and everything else still appears to be intact but with no batteries or end cap the driver board is loose and can just slide out. I’m just wondering how to reattach it if possible. I realize without a photo it’s probably damn near impossible to help. Either way I apologize for wasting any of your time. Never would’ve posted the question in the first place if I didn’t think the pics wouldn’t upload.
Well if there's any good news it's that the driver isn't in the way now if it's out of the host.
This might give you a clean shot at the back of the module to try and press it out through the front of the host. The diode is pressed in the middle of the module at the back so you will need a hollow metal tube that basicly just about as wide as the battery tube and host so you won't touch the diode pins in the middle which hopefully are still there and the tube hitting the back of the module at the best wider spot.
I wouldn't use a hammer to try and tap it out, the shock wouldn't be good.. A big enough C clamp or vise would be best and if this process works the module will reach the front of the host and you will need to come up with a spacer of some sort to get the module out completely if you haven't been using a spacer at the front..

Last edited:

RBreeze

Finally got the pics too load. SOB! Sorry for the delay hopefully you can see them now. Please let me know whenever you get a chance. Thanks again for everything.

GSS

Yeeeeh pic's! The diode pins look intact I think??
Can you post a pic of the front of the laser. If there's any chance of saving this laser the brass module will have to be to try and re solder it.
Pressing the module out through the front I think is the best way.

RBreeze

Can you post a pic of the front of the laser. If there's any chance of saving this laser the brass module will have to be to try and re solder it.
64749990FB023-D807-42B8-9D2D-91F0CF0BC3B7.jpeg990FB023-D807-42B8-9D2D-91F0CF0BC3B7.jpeg990FB023-D807-42B8-9D2D-91F0CF0BC3B7.jpeg990FB023-D807-42B8-9D2D-91F0CF0BC3B7.jpeg