Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Spartan arrived today. -Stoopid question?

SuPer

My spartan finally arrived today.
Of course i had forgotten to order batteries and charger, so i have just been to the store and bought some cr123a`s.

So my question is: which way do i insert the batteries?
Minus first or?

SuPer

Yeah thanks thats what i thought. And found out by searching the forum.

Btw: holy camel this laser rocks...

Admin, you can delete this thread if you want to.

Yeah thanks thats what i thought. And found out by searching the forum.

Btw: holy camel this laser rocks...

Admin, you can delete this thread if you want to.

Hit edit on your first post. Selects Advanced. Select delete thread.

Power to the people.

You can only delete posts you've made in threads, you cannot delete entire thread, only Admins can do that.

On the other hand, feel free to post some pictures and videos if you've got good photography skills, we have Multimedia section for this sort of thing. Also, if you are feeling up to it, you can write a review about your laser.

SuPer

Thanx. Have already enjoyed it quite a lot. It lights a match almost instantly at 1 meters distance, burns through a cd-cover in seconds.
(and of course accidentally burned my neigbours cats tail off :p)

I dont really see a point in putting out any videos or pictures as there are allready loads of them around in every possible variation.

But i can say this: it seems like a solid sturdy quality. Only thing i could have wished for is a momentary on/off button on the side like smaller laserpointers have - but i knew this before i bought it anyway so i am not complaining.
Also i would be nice with an adjustable focusinglens.

By the way: has anyone tried to pot-mod a spartan?
(dont killl me for askin, i know that pot-modding i kindof a non-no here but these diodes can give >2W from after what i have been readfing here.) -I would like mine to be 1.2-1.4 watt but dont know if spartan host will allow for it coolingwise.

Last edited:
Someone will complain about you jet joke! I would edit it out, because it's a touchy subject here.

Coherent, don't frighten the boy, LOL.

Super, no need to potmod, since the spartan is well known for being overspec. Look up for reviews here and you will see that output of 1.1W and even more is not rare for this one.

I managed to light a match at 4.5 meters distance and to pop a balloon (with a black dot) at 7.5 meters distance with my spartan. I didn't manage yet to light a candle though.

Last edited:

jakeGT

yeah you can get ran all over for that question, some people are very unforgiving around here... but an answer: do not pot mod your laser or ever even think about pot modding any laser you ever buy unless you would like to have a $200 piece of metal.

EDIT: a $200 piece of metal that does NOT produce laser light..

The spartan doesn't come with batteries and charger? im ordering one soon i needa buy the charger and batteries then.

By the way: has anyone tried to pot-mod a spartan?
(dont killl me for askin, i know that pot-modding i kindof a non-no here but these diodes can give >2W from after what i have been readfing here.) -I would like mine to be 1.2-1.4 watt but dont know if spartan host will allow for it coolingwise.

DL is actually considering the prospect of a 2W Spartan. I am sure they are testing it for longevity to see if it would make a feasible/reliable product. So far I have about 6 hours on my 2W Build, and it seams just fine besides a odd sound it makes when the diode is turned on every now and then (Like a crackling sound, that can't be good).

They also mentioned looking into a 1W Green laser...That can't to to cheap!