Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sound controlled laser spirograph?

lazer

Hadn't thought of that. :eek: Does DX have any sound controlled spiros?

Look for a defective laser crab- I got one free that only had a loose battery wire- going to trade-out the red diode for a green module and mount it to a AL plate- maybe some dichros and a BR & LCC & a third motor/mirror later on. A lot of the work is already done.--HZ

Computer amps work great for scanners. I've used them with the Radio Shack motors:
http://www.experimentalexperience.com/photos/sound-responsive_liquid_sky.jpg

And I plan to do the same for spiros...

The impedance is very low on those motors, so I had to add power resistors or capacitors in series. Can anybody recommend some 4 to 8 ohm DCR motors? This would reduce heating of the amplifier and be compatible with crossovers intended for 4 and 8 ohm speakers. (And lack of heating issues with power resistors.)

HIMNL9

Can anybody recommend some 4 to 8 ohm DCR motors?

Pagers and mobile phones vibro motors are usually rated for 2 to 6V (being planned for work in Li-Ion powered apparates), and for the same reason, usually have also low currents ..... they are not power motors, but after all, you need just to move small mirrors ;)