Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sound card DAC tutorial

Benm

Cool :)

Could you send me the ILD frame for that laser warning - i love it :)

Could you send me the ILD frame for that laser warning - i love it :)

I got access to the FTP repository over at PhotonLexicon.com and downloaded a ton of sample ILDA files and Spaghetti shows. Tonight I got my FlexModP3 driver conneted to a 445 running at 1 amp along with my +200mW green Analog laser. I am only waiting on my O-like dichros to come in the mail and then I am mounting everything to a 16" x 20" aluminum baseplate 3/8" thick.

I just now took some more photos of my work in progress, please see attached...

Attachments

• DSCI1231.JPG
    DSCI1231.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 444
  • DSCI1234.JPG
    DSCI1234.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 537
  • DSCI1236.JPG
    DSCI1236.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 423
  • DSCI1238.JPG
    DSCI1238.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 434
  • DSCI1240.JPG
    DSCI1240.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 417
  • DSCI1242.JPG
    DSCI1242.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 376
  • DSCI1244.JPG
    DSCI1244.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 475
  • DSCI1245.JPG
    DSCI1245.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 618
Last edited:
Do us a favor and post a few measurements of the losses you get from those o-like dichros. You're the first person I've heard of that will be trying them, but many people have expressed interest in them.. it's always helpful to our community to review items if you're among the first to try them. Basically giving back to the community which has given to you..

Last edited:
I wish I could but I do not have access to a LPM. I am in the Miami / Fort Lauderdale area of Florida if you know of anyone nearby. This is just an idea, but I would be willing to pay the FULL PURCHASE PRICE for the temporary use of a LPM (and shipping both ways) if I could be guaranteed a refund when my testing (one day) is complete. It would also be nice to test all my lasers at home to make note their power output. Just an idea...

I really cannot justify having my own LPM since I don't think I would use it much.

I see.. no problem, I understand completely. Unfortunately I only have one LPM, and I use it very often, otherwise I'd be willing to send one off to you. There are quite a few folks in that area that work with lasers, though.. if you put the question out here and over on PL you most likely won't have any trouble finding someone willing to take some measurements for you.

I finally got around to switching the wires on my SC/Amp setup and that did the trick, now it works perfectly. It looks like the caps on the card I had were reversed, which confused me into soldering to the wrong side. I'll have to wait until I finish assembling my lasers before I can actually see some results

I finally got around to switching the wires on my SC/Amp setup and that did the trick, now it works perfectly. It looks like the caps on the card I had were reversed, which confused me into soldering to the wrong side. I'll have to wait until I finish assembling my lasers before I can actually see some results

Glad you got it working! Can you post some pics so I can see what you're describing and update the tutorial?

Benm

Thanks for the warning ilda frame :)

Looks like your projector is coming along nicely - just wondering: what material is that plate your are building it on?

just wondering: what material is that plate your are building it on?

I ordered it custom-cut from MidwestSteelSupply.com and it is called "Alimex". I called one of the reps and they said the Alimex material would be the best material to use. The base plate is 3/8" think along with the laser mounts. Please note that when ordering, they will (by default) cut all pieces 1/8" longer than you request. Come to find out, this is industry standard so I had to find out the hard way ;o)

Here is the link to the material I ordered:
https://www.midweststeelsupply.com/store/CastAluminumPlate

Looks great Paulzimm!

One suggestion, if you'll allow it:

Instead of directing the beam from your laser straight on to the galvo mirrors, arrange things so that the beam bounces off of a first-surface mirror on an adjustable mount before it reaches the galvos. Then, in the future as you use the projector, if anything comes out of alignment you can correct simply by adjusting the mirror.. I hope that makes sense.

Last edited:

Benm

What is this alimex material - a solid aluminium alloy?

From the pictures it seems to have some kind of odd texture to it.

I was originally going to order standard 6061 aluminum but I called first and they recommended the (solid) Alimex instead. It is perfectly flat and it "pressed" many more times than other types of aluminum. They said it would be best for my application. It really does look nice up close :)

I temporarily got two lasers going (waiting on two 3-axis dichro mounts) and you MUST SEE this video!!!

YouTube - Laser Projector - Mr. Vain
* Awesome graphics after the 1 minute marker

Last edited:

Benm

Oic.. i got the impression that it had some internal structure (honeycomb or something) from the odd lines on the surface.

Nice show btw! Are you planning to add red too?