Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sort Of New :)

Hi, I have being singed up for a few months now but never actually been on-line. I am not back and would like to get to know the ins and outs of lasers. I would like in time to get one or make one that is 200mw or more.

I would like to know the different types wavelengths what colour lasers are better and so forth.

So if there is anyone out there who will gladly help me with this, I will be most appreciated!

I seen this one this website http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11315 it seems to be cheaper then most 200mW lasers also would they deliver to United Kingdom and are they worth getting one?

- Thanks.

roosl

Hi StrongboW,

Use the search, and explore the forum threads. All of the answers to what you seek are here.

If you can't find it, it probably hasn't been asked before or posted in these forums.

Have fun, welcome back, and be careful out there!

Thanks for that mate. I am about to invest in a 10mW green laser. I have been told that I need goggles for even 10mW and some people have also said you don't, Would you please give me an opinion on this.

Thanks.

Jaseth

While I like to advocate laser safety, using goggles for a 10mW laser seems over the top.. Just be careful. I don't really use any goggles for powers lower than 50mW. However, I am very careful with any power exceeding 1mW.

Seb

What would you class as care full? Is it OK to look at the point say if it is on a wall?

Jaseth

For 10mW, yes. Just don't point it at living things or vehicles of any sort, and avoid direct shots and highly reflective surfaces.

Seb

Well pointing at animals is just sick tbh. And and vehicles just silly :) I think I will invest in a 10mW tomro. for 10 pound not bad.

Jaseth

Not only silly, many people go to jail for YEARS for poiting lasers at planes, while putting hundreds of people's lives into danger.. The amount of idiots out there is astounding.

Seb

Yeah, I was ready some threads about it unreal. So do you think getting a 10mW greenie is a good idea as a first?

Could you get me some links on what I should be looking into getting for my first 10mW as I am going to order it tomro I think.

Do a little research... look in the B/S/T section of the Forum...
look at RayFoss and O-Like and DX for Laser ideas...

Jerry

I would get the LEDshoppe 5mW, which outputs anywhere from 5-50mW. Probably about the same as the DX. I really don't like DX pen style greens above 5mW anyway. Also, look out for slightly reflective surfaces as well, as a reflection from a glossy tabletop could be dangerous.

http://www.ledshoppe.com/Product/ledp/LP1073.htm

I would get the LEDshoppe 5mW, which outputs anywhere from 5-50mW. Probably about the same as the DX. I really don't like DX pen style greens above 5mW anyway. Also, look out for slightly reflective surfaces as well, as a reflection from a glossy tabletop could be dangerous.

http://www.ledshoppe.com/Product/ledp/LP1073.htm

Can I ask why mate? Also do these post to united kingdom? aswell as being bright and will see beam at night?