Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Something's wrong... help!

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks for trying Curtis. But I just figured out what to do with the "rat" when it come to computers. :tinfoil: :D
:thinking::crackup: Never mind Bob, i'll try again for you next year. :D

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
:crackup: Reminder set. I wonder if I'll remember anything about this conversation in 13 years time. :thinking::D

I've never bought at laser pointer from any company before. I will get my first one this week from the Thor II giveaway. I guess I'll finally be one of the members who have a mass produced pointer. I be tickled to the point of orgasm to be here in 2030!

Last edited:

BobMc

Heck, I just hope I'm here in 2030! :whistle:

That's only 13 years away. Like I tell my son I've got way to much abuse I mean terrorism I mean kindness to give him. ( always mess those up they sound so much alike ). :)

I've never bought at laser pointer from any company before. I will get my first one this week from the Thor II giveaway. I guess I'll finally be one of the members who have a mass produced pointer. I be tickled to the point of orgasm to be here in 2030!

Best wishes with your first mass produced purchase.

I hoping that my laser collection still around than. :)

Encap

Wow! Sanwu got back to me already.

They have suggested

Nitecore is going to get a very strongly worded email, I'll tell you that much ;) just kidding. I will ask them to send me a replacement battery though. Their batteries are known to be reliable right?

Be sure you buy a FLAT top 18350--if you have been using a Button top 18350 that could very well be the cause of the problem.
Sanwu Red Guardian requires 1 X 18350 flat top battery

Is the battery you have been using when the trouble occurs a button top or flat top?

Last edited:

Radim

A UK "No Smoking" area could well be the problem. In no smoking areas the gravitational field is modulated to keep the air a little bit cleaner however this perturbations of the gravitational field in "no Smoking" areas also can interfer with a proper smoke circuit's functioning and with the laser wavelength as well if not linearly polarized. Sanwu may have sent him a spherically polarized model in error rather than the linearly polarized model for use in UK "No Smoking" areas being employed in UK market Red Guardian lasers to make them that much more special.

Is a phonomenon known as the "pop gpes the weasel" effect --
see excerpt from paper "Gravitational properties of light—the gravitational field of a laser pulse" as follows:

"The gravitational field of a laser pulse of finite lifetime, is investigated in the framework of linearized gravity. Although the effects are very small, they may be of fundamental physical interest.
It is shown that the gravitational field of a linearly polarized light pulse is modulated as the norm of the corresponding electric field strength, while no modulations arise for circular polarization.

In general, the gravitational field is independent of the polarization direction.
It is shown that all physical effects are confined to spherical shells expanding with the speed of light, and that these shells are imprints of the spacetime events representing emission and absorption of the pulse.

Nearby test particles at rest are attracted towards the pulse trajectory by the gravitational field due to the emission of the pulse, and they are repelled from the pulse trajectory by the gravitational field due to its absorption.

Examples are given for the size of the attractive effect. It is recovered that massless test particles do not experience
any physical effect if they are co-propagating with the pulse, and that the acceleration of massless test particles counter-propagating with respect to the pulse is four times stronger than for massive particles at rest.
The similarities between the gravitational effect of a laser pulse and Newtonian gravity in twodimensions are pointed out.
The spacetime curvature close to the pulse is compared to that of induced gravitational waves"
From ~ http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1367-2630/18/2/023009/pdf

OMFG, ROFL. :D Seems to me you are having a lot of fun without me. I'll go through this thread later...

Encap

OMFG, ROFL. :D Seems to me you are having a lot of fun without me. I'll go through this thread later...

Radim:
If you are too busy and don't have the time or inclination to read the paper cited, you can "stand on the shoulders of giants" and view the YouTube University video version of the findings in ~ 4 minutes time and very quickly absorb/flash feed the gist of the paper to your most personal processor.

Is accurate, very well done, entertaining, enlightening, and as we all know when enlightening strikes...
:can: Enjoy! Upload the speed of light download, here:​

Last edited: