Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Something's wrong... help!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Damn Encap, I knew if anyone could get to the bottom of this, it would be you, and you also explained it in laymans terms so we could understand. :D

BTW - I am wearing boots, tall ones! ;)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Lol, a semi-ordinary problem thread just turned into something else. :p
The lasing and vaping laser. Classic. :D
Encap, your scientific humour is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the laugh. :p
I also wasn't expecting to come across an interesting science paper. I'll read that later. :whistle:

Encap

Lol, a semi-ordinary problem thread just turned into something else. :p
The lasing and vaping laser. Classic. :D
Encap, your scientific humour is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the laugh. :p
I also wasn't expecting to come across an interesting science paper. I'll read that later. :whistle:

Glad you enjoyed it. :beer:

LPF is not just a forum, it's a journey.

Damn Encap, I knew if anyone could get to the bottom of this, it would be you, and you also explained it in laymans terms so we could understand. :D

BTW - I am wearing boots, tall ones! ;)

:beer: Bowtie Guy

Thanks muchly for the kind words.

Is nothing, really.

Just attempting to do my part abd make a positive contribution to the greater LPF communnity knowledge database.

:can: "“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.”" ~ PKD, well usually that is, there are exceptions lol :can:

Last edited:

BobMc

I have emailed Sanwu. I await their advice.

Best wishes, it shouldn't have done that. No if ands or buts. :thinking:

Question, what's all the yellow numbers in your signature ?

Last edited:

Daddy

Wow! Sanwu got back to me already.

They have suggested
Try or buy other 18350 batteries to see if the laser is okay first. Either something tiny is inside the battery tube when you put in the battery or you got a bad battery / bad battery cover.

Nitecore is going to get a very strongly worded email, I'll tell you that much ;) just kidding. I will ask them to send me a replacement battery though. Their batteries are known to be reliable right?

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I'll have to convert later, unless you don't mind telling me what it says. :whistle:

BobMc

The yellow string looks like hex code to me Bob.

Thanks but; Guess I'm showing my age, have no idea what that means.:tinfoil:

@Daddy, glad Sanwu got back with you so quickly. Hope thing work out. :)

Last edited:

Encap

I'll have to convert later, unless you don't mind telling me what it says. :whistle:

:huh:? Can't you read plain hex? :crackup:

It says:
He's the leader of the bunch, you know him well,
he's finally back to kick some tail,
his Coconut Gun can fire in spurts,
if he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt,
he's bigger, faster, and stronger too,
he's the first member of the DK crew!

from DK Rap -- "The DK Rap is a rap about Donkey Kong and his friends that plays during the introduction of Donkey Kong 64. It was written by Grant Kirkhope, and performed by George Andreas and Chris Sutherland. The DK Rap was originally written as a joke (as stated by Kirkhope on his own website) but however it made it into the introduction of Donkey Kong 64."
See: DK Rap | Donkey Kong Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Bob, hex is just a base 16 numerical system where we are used to decimal (base 10) and binary ( base 2)
A common use for hex is colour codes. For example FF0000 is red. FF =255 or full on.
And every 2 characters is another colour within RGB. Another example. FFFF00 is yellow because R=255,G=255,B=0.

Ha, give me enough time Encap and I may of been able to. :D Thanks for sharing the rap.

Last edited:

Radim

Hey guys.

Got my Sanwu Red Guardian in the post today. It has a 1W 405nm diode. It arrived much sooner than I was expecting. After I tried to use it, I immediately noticed something was wrong.

I put my Nitecore IMR 18350 battery in and turned on the laser. Immediately it started smoking. The laser dot looked kind of strange, like it was several smaller dots instead of one circle. (This might be normal though, I don't know.) The laser beam seemed kind of dim. After maybe two seconds, I turned it off. The positive end of the battery is a little fried and blackened in a small area.

Please advise.

Smoking does not seem normal. The dot with circle of dots around might be ok. I see it too sometimes with my 405 nm. Even my friend noticed it when we were doing laserpainting. This wavelength is very tricky to be seen in deed. The dot always looks blurry by naked eye, even it is of perfect shape as seen through strong laser goggles/camera. That's what I observed so far.

BobMc

Bob, hex is just a base 16 numerical system where we are used to decimal (base 10) and binary ( base 2)
A common use for hex is colour codes. For example FF0000 is red. FF =255 or full on.
And every 2 characters is another colour within RGB. Another example. FFFF00 is yellow because R=255,G=255,B=0.

Thanks for trying Curtis. But I just figured out what to do with the "rat" when it come to computers. :tinfoil: :D