Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Soldering Irons Reviews which one is best

Hey guys.

Many of you know that I am not working. But I need a new Iron. my little brother is going to buy me a early birthday present. I want a temp controlled Iron. I know lots of you have Hakko's but does any one have the 936 with the 907 iron and how well do they hold up. I know many of you have the fx888 but I want some thing a little less expensive. I really could use a little help! I am kind of overwhelmed trying to find a iron that has temp control and ok replacement tips as far as price goes I know the questions been asked a million times! I went through and read thirty something threads on the subject here on lpf I just need some reviews of products!

Last edited:

I too use the WESD51. I've had it for a long time and it's been a workhorse. I wouldn't think twice about another one.

Mine is slightly different. It looks like this. (Older model maybe?)

http://m.ebay.com/itm/221675964437

Last edited:
do you know if the hakko 936 or 937 tips will work on the aoyue

thanks 10fenny I found a aoyue 396 on ebay for 45 and free ship and six bucks for a extra tips I may go with that

Im actually about to buy a second unit for work. Full time mechanic so we solder a lot. Im used to the butane irons.. And after using this new iron.. Wow just wow. I mine as well have been using a small torch to braize things together!!

ARG

I really like my Hakko FX888D, great iron.