Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

*SOLD OUT* >150mW mini red lasers for $63

Re: >150mW mini red lasers for $63

Sorry for the late reply cybob I have been really busy with work lately. Your laser has been modified to run at 150mW CW. This is higher than the diodes rated output but not by too much. I would like to think that your laser will be fine, but I'm really not sure. I tested your laser before I shipped it. If you are really concerned about the lifetime of your laser then I suggest you don't even consider using the rechargeable.

TheMonk- it sounds like the boost circuit in your Elly is not functioning properly. Usually they put out 5V.

there is a problem with my laser? :'(
the diode is putting out light like a red LED with a slight ly brighter dot in the middle( at 8inches on a white all in pitch dark).
I will post some pics when i get my hands on my sisters camera. it looks pretty bad. in day light the only light you can see is if you point it in your eye. :'( :'( :'(

yobresal said:
TheMonk- it sounds like the boost circuit in your Elly is not functioning properly. Usually they put out 5V.
All 3 of my Ellys from DX V out = V in 1.5v, use as flashlight works great.

here are the pictures i promised

i dunno if you guys can see them so

takes a long time to upload so here are the 2 most important ones

That looks like a lot of spread out red light! Is the black focusing ring on the end of the laser?

i already played with that. it puts a limit on the redness thats all

is it possible to tell if the diode is damaged cause i've read that when a diode is damaged it often acts like a LED

when it arrived the laser was in 2 pieces and the 2 pieces and the bats were rolling around in the envelope

Usually with diode damage people refer the laser looking like an led because it is such a faint dot. From your pictures it looks like you have a bright red light spread out all over the wall which makes me think that you might be able to focus that light. Try focussing the laser to a small dot and see if it burns dark colored objects.

i spent an hour playing with the focus but no change cept the spread reduces by 1-2cm, and also on the pictures you can't see the dot easily but it is there. i ended up unscrewing the lens no change and screwing it till it won't go tighter and it just puts a definable edge onto the light(kinda)

cybob101 said:
i spent an hour playing with the focus but no change cept the spread reduces by 1-2cm, and also on the pictures you can't see the dot easily but it is there. i ended up unscrewing the lens no change and screwing it till it won't go tighter and it just puts a definable edge onto the light(kinda)

Hey there,  :)

Just a thought after reading your symptoms and hearing that it arrived in several peices, I was wondering if the lens/adjusting ring was one of those parts rolling around?
If So:
Is it possible that the lens is in backwards???  :-?
If you unscrew the focussing ring, there should be two slot on the outer edge across from each other.
The other side that goes into the housing should have a round recessed ring around the outer edge for the spring to sit in.
I was just playing around w/ one of mine, and w/ the lens in backwards, it has the effect you are describing, kind-of.  :eek:
So just something to think about. Hope it is just that and not another bad GB Diode.  :(

Good Luck!
     [smiley=happy.gif]
Joenobody
     [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Joenobody said:
[quote author=cybob101 link=1199600216/150#155 date=1203165741]i spent an hour playing with the focus but no change cept the spread reduces by 1-2cm, and also on the pictures you can't see the dot easily but it is there. i ended up unscrewing the lens no change and screwing it till it won't go tighter and it just puts a definable edge onto the light(kinda)

Hey there,  :)

Just a thought after reading your symptoms and hearing that it arrived in several peices, I was wondering if the lens/adjusting ring was one of those parts rolling around?
If So:
Is it possible that the lens is in backwards???  :-?
If you unscrew the focussing ring, there should be two slot on the outer edge across from each other.
The other side that goes into the housing should have a round recessed ring around the outer edge for the spring to sit in.
I was just playing around w/ one of mine, and w/ the lens in backwards, it has the effect you are describing, kind-of.  :eek:
So just something to think about. Hope it is just that and not another bad GB Diode.  :(

Good Luck!
     [smiley=happy.gif]
Joenobody
     [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
[/quote]

I wold also believe that urs is in backwards.

wish thats was it but those little thing were what i used to adjust the lense. also the little plastic lense is closer to the outside like the one on my greenie. so it can't be that

to yobresal: look at the second picture. there is a little dotty thing but it is off centre. dunno why