Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

*SOLD OUT* >150mW mini red lasers for $63

Re: >150mW mini red lasers for $63

Hi

Just got to this thread and noticed one thing no one mentioned regarding the "dim" or bad diode issues. I am not sure if the battery on these is to be inserted forwards or backwards. I know some circuits with parts in the tailcap seem designed for reverse battery insertion. If this is the case the circuit could be unable to light the diode properly with the battery in backwards. Just guessing here and figured its worth determining for my own knowledge about this particular housing and its battery polarity.

SN

Cybob, Take some better pictures or the laser being broken. The pictures you have posted don't reassemble any broken red diodes I have seen. It honestly looks exactly like a red laser with the focus removed. To help you understand where I am coming from look at page 10 of this post. Goldfingger has clearly illustrated with his images the broken diodes. If this were a DPSS laser I would expect to see different variations of broken diode output, with a direct diode they always seem to appear as a very very dim dot. Here is a picture I took of a 240mW laser with the focus removed compared to your picture. As you can see this makes it really hard for me to determine whether there is a problem with the diode or not.

I remember Senkat got some bad modules from Aixiz where the diode came loose from the modules, if that is the case then it could screw up the collimation.

in the second picture of mine there is a dot, in yours there is no dot. when the i took of the focusing ring the diode looks alittle of centre it is pointing at the side kinda.like one side is 1mm higher than the other.
could the problem be the diode is angled off centre too much? and the reflected light from the edge of the barrel is making the glow(due to the inability to focus a great angle >90 degrees?

This is a possibility. It doesn't look like the diode is broken though. I would like you to send the laser back to me so I can check it out and repair it. Send the laser my way and I will issue a refund.

regarding your second last post i took your advice. also, being a silly electronics noob i took out the ciruit board and LD from the head of the torch case and realigned the housing so that the diode was straight the housing a wee bit off. the picture kinda resembles the one by goldfinger but the range of the "laser" is laughable. i think i could make a longer range dot with a LED, mirrors and a focusing lens.

the dot isn't really a dot, but a comma like thing.

pic coming up in 10min or so

Looks crappy. Send it back to me as I would still like to check it out and maybe put a new diode in it. Regular shipping to the US shouldn't be more than $5. Keep the battery I have way too many. Let your friend know he will be getting a refund. My address is:
Luke Petrakis
888 o'farrell st. apt. E701
San Francisco, CA 94109
USA.

i can send but i 've never sent to the us before.

Hey are you able to post your lasers to Australia? Or are they just avaliable to residents of the US. ;D

Laser_Team_Holland said:
I guess the one I got is the only one still alive and kicking  :cool:

X2 mine still works great.. But I have not kept it on longer than 30 seconds. (really no need to stuff burns instantly)

spensa

x3 and i have had mine on for about a minute.

Yeah there are still plenty out there that are causing destruction in peoples homes (including my own)
It really is amazing how some of these diodes can take so much while others can't handle half as much. The strongest diode that I received from senkat is still sitting here in a tiny black housing pumping out 300mW whilst others like cybob's die at 150mW. With a 300mW red you can expect to burn things like black leather and plastic without needing to focus the laser.

Cybob- let me know when you get the laser sent. Thanks

Where did my post go? any way, could you by any chance post one to Australia? I'd be willing to pay for the postage and handeling.  ;D  [smiley=dankk2.gif]