Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

*SOLD* FS: 350mw 532nm Firedragon III *SOLD*

I'm selling my Firedragon III I bought in August as I don't use it enough, so for me it's a 200$ paperweight most of the time. The laser is in perfect working order, but there is one things I have to mention. When I received the laser one of the lenses was loose so I had to glue it back in place, I used superglue (Mistake >.>) and ended up getting some residue around the lens in the process as seen in this picture. It isn't on the lens surface itself, but it is messy and I just wanted to mention it, as I can't for the life of me get the stuff off. Just wanted to be straight up about that.

bPW3j.jpg

Now moving on. Other than that nothing else has been done to it. It will come with one Ultrafire unprotected 2400 mah 18650 battery (Charged), the safety key, and the charger it came with.

My asking price is 200$ USD shipped. I accept Paypal only. Canada post will be used to ship the order, and I'll get it insured for 200$ if I can. PM me if interested, serious buyers only. It will be shipped out as quickly as possible when payment is received, and the tracking number will be given. Remember I am not responsible for any boarder/duty fees/taxes etc, nor will I be responsible if customs takes the laser. It does have safety interlocks so I don't think it should be a problem shipping to the US, but in the event it is taken for any reason I can't issue a refund. I will issue a refund if the laser is DOA for any reason, but the buyer pays return shipping, and must prove it has been shipped back.

43Yqo.jpg

74rto.jpg

YgbzR.jpg

5k8Wa.jpg

(Firedragon on right)
Q60Wu.jpg

Ssm6j.jpg

And please for the love of (Insert deity) have proper safety glasses. Don't blind yourself.

Last edited:

LaZeRz

Re: FS: 350mw 532nm Firedragon III

Good luck! Lots of people want a fire dragon so this should go fast, although I recommend you get it lpm'ed by a forum member :)

Oh yeh, aslong as the superglue isn't on the actual glass of the lens it should be fine.

Last edited:

Thanks! I don't know of any Canadian members that have an LPM though (Or how I would go about it). And yeah the glue should be no problem. I just wanted to let people know given it's an expensive piece of gear, and I want to be honest about all aspects of the laser.

Last edited:

LaZeRz

Well, rhd is in Canada, you can ask him if you wan't :)

Hopefully it's an overspec unit and everything goes smoothly :)

Cool, thanks I'll look into it. I hope it's over spec too :)

i learned the hard way never to buy without lpm data. :yabbmad:

hows the beam and spot? any effects from the glue?

will you post more pixs of the glue job? i'm interested but....

Last edited:

The beam mode hops somewhat which is common with all firedragons, it's also a fatter beam which is common with this model. The spot when collimated is decent, it *looks* like TEM00, but like I said will mode hop, from what I've been able to see to TEM01. And no there are no effects from the glue, it's just a bit messy. Sorry but I can't post any more pics of the glue right now. All that I did was re secure the lens with the superglue because it was loose. It hasn't been moved or changed. I will be holding onto the laser for now and getting it Lpm'ed to ensure no one is getting ripped off.

Last edited:

rhd

I'd actually be willing to offer $150, for the unit, un-LPM'd, and accepting its current lens state. I've been playing around with tweaked optics for the Fire Dragon, so the strange lens is A-OK with me, and I don't really care about the precise power.

I'd actually be willing to offer $150, for the unit, un-LPM'd, and accepting its current lens state. I've been playing around with tweaked optics for the Fire Dragon, so the strange lens is A-OK with me, and I don't really care about the precise power.

For an un-tested unit, that's a very generous offer:beer:

Drew

you might be able to clean up the glue with some acetone on a q-tip

rhd

PM'd - and purchase pending.

Please don't try to clean up the glue though. Leave it as-is :)

rhd

Hey,

Got the FireDragon today :) Not super great power, but that's cool - I knew it might not be.

Cheers!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 190
glad i didn't pursue this because i got into the new gb. what are you doing with these firedragons rhd? did you stay in the gb?

rhd

glad i didn't pursue this because i got into the new gb. what are you doing with these firedragons rhd? did you stay in the gb?

No I didn't. The lack of Paypal killed it for me :(

I keep PP funds in USD, and to withdraw to a bank account (in CAD), and then transfer to my CC, and then pay LasersMan in USD, basically means I would get dinged an extra 7 or 8 percent as a result of REALLY crappy exchange rates from Paypal, and marginally bad ones from my CC issuer. The lack of Paypal was a deal killer since I wanted to spend actual money in my PP account (which is rare).

Anyway, what am I doing with them? I have a really immature theory that most of the 300 through 500 mW Firedragons are artificially binned. That they're manufactured en masse with effectively the same components, and then sorted to some degree based on a central average output. I'm playing around with removing their modules, building new constant current drivers, and then mounting them in better heatsinks with M9x0.5 lenses that produce much thinner beams, with about the same, or maybe slightly worse divergence. Since divergence never bugged me on these, but the thickness of the beam did, I like the result of M9x0.5 acrylic lenses MUCH better than stock lenses.

Ultimately, I want an "Ancient" series build, in 532.

i dig the ancient host idea. i've been keeping my eyes open at yard sales etc for a good old host. wish i still had my official boy scout lite.
i'm waiting to see the beam on my firedragon, may need to adapt the optics as you have. i like my beams thin