Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SOLD: Calibrated Ophir 20C Sensors

Trevor

Hey all!

I've got a couple spare Ophir sensors here. They're the Ophir 20C-A-1-Y.

I have calibrated these heads to read within 1% of a recently calibrated NIST-traceable LPM - so both of these heads are going to be bang on accurate.

The heads available on ebay have no such care taken - they are sold as hardware only and are not tested for calibration before they are shipped out.

They're brand new and have no marks on the sensitive surface.

ncgPMMo.jpg

Each head is $250 + shipping/fees.

Trevor

Last edited:

Blord

Re: FS: Calibrated Ophir 20C Sensors

I am wondering how much tweak did you do to the Ophir head. Was the factory calibration so much off ?

ped

Guys if you DONT want to buy it, or dont have a valid question, can you please stop posting junk??

Nobody, least of all the OP is interested that you might have bought it if you hadnt bought something else, or that you'll wait ect ect.

It clutters up the thread with useless posts and the OP may be getting notifications, coming to the thread, wasting his time & the boards space.

Thanks.

Trevor

I am wondering how much tweak did you do to the Ophir head. Was the factory calibration so much off ?

They were reading about 8% higher than they should have been. There's three multi-turn pots in the back for gain, zero offset, and response time. I used a thermally stabilized laser of known power to dial in the right gain setting - I left the other two alone.

There can be a surprising amount of calibration variation in these surplus Ophir heads.

Trevor

Not bad considering the ebay ones were up too ~270 last i checked.
Seems a little strange that they were both 8% off?
How were you measuring the voltage? (If you say a walmart multimeter, I might just have to -rep you :crackup:)

Trevor

Not bad considering the ebay ones were up too ~270 last i checked.
Seems a little strange that they were both 8% off?
How were you measuring the voltage? (If you say a walmart multimeter, I might just have to -rep you :crackup:)

16-bit ADC on a high quality voltage reference.

There's definitely a lot of variability in these sensors. If you have 5 or 6 of them, there will often be at least a 5% difference between the one reading highest and the one reading the lowest. mark-in-dallas had one reading fairly significantly high right out of the box

There's got to be a reason they're getting dumped on ebay... I suspect calibration is probably a factor.

Trevor

Trevor

One head sold. :)

Trevor

Trevor

:bumpit:

One head still available!

Trevor

Pman

So are you finding the need to re-calibrate every so often or does it hold for years once it's been done? Thanks Trevor and I would expect the other to be gone quickly as well. Really appreciate how nice these heads are. Couldn't stand going back to something with a slow response time.

Last edited:

Once you get the ophir 20C in black, you will never go back! Lol

Free bump for this very good deal!