Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SOLD: 5W Offroad LPM! (excl. ophir 20C) 175$ this weekend!

Awesome! Have fun with it :beer: be sure to check the voltage on the two cells on the right when the display is facing you. The closer the voltage the more acurate the reading. A big difference can possibly wreck the ophir. So only use new ones when replacing them.

:beer:

Re: FS: 5W Offroad LPM! (excl. ophir 20C) 175$ this weekend!

Same price, just pay the extra shipping. I install them for free. I'm not sure if I have the dremel bit to cut through that nice metal case though.

I'm going away on vacation very soon, so I wont be able to get to it for some time.

When can I send this to you to install data logging? Will I be able to use my laserbee software or does it come with your own?

you will be able to use the software from Trevor called Peregrine and yeah i do believe you will be able to use your laserbee software.

also you might want to install the datalogging add-on your self. it shouldn't be to hard and would save you a ton on shipping because he's in Canada so its internation shipping charges both ways.

ARG

Re: FS: 5W Offroad LPM! (excl. ophir 20C) 175$ this weekend!

When can I send this to you to install data logging? Will I be able to use my laserbee software or does it come with your own?

I should have the v3's available in three weeks or so. They are smaller and easier to mount so I would rather wait for them.

You can use the LB software if you want me to set it up for that, or you can use Pergerine, the universal free interface by Trevor.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f70/peregrine-free-lpm-interface-80589.html
Pergerine can also be used on a Mac or Linux so you are not limited to windows.

If I set it up for the LB serial output, both Pergerine and the LB software can read it, just change the stream to LB in the Pergerine preferences.

Edit: Whoops, thought I forgot to rep you offroad, so I gave you another :p

Last edited:
Sweet.. That sounds good. I'll wait three weeks for you to be ready thanks and yeah I would like to use both software's if I could… Awesome :)

Awesome guys :D @ sixtee9 did you allready get your ophir? :) also if you get you ARG option in you might want to buy a rechargable 9V cell. Also snip off the "Vin" pin so the arduino only gets power from the usb. (Arg will do that btw :) )

Have fun you guys! :beer: (thanks for the rep arg cant rep you back though :( )

ARG

Sweet.. That sounds good. I'll wait three weeks for you to be ready thanks and yeah I would like to use both software's if I could… Awesome :)

I'll let you know when it's ready. :)

Yeah and if you don't feel comfortable installing it I might be able to help you out there. I'm in the states and would only need the ophir cable and LPM and I should be able to install it test it and send it back.

No I have not got the Ophir yet I haven't even opened it to put batteries in it I was going to wait until I bought the sensor and after it came back from ARG. Should I buy 3 rechargeable bartteries? Two for the meter and one for the sensor right?

Yeah and if you don't feel comfortable installing it I might be able to help you out there. I'm in the states and would only need the ophir cable and LPM and I should be able to install it test it and send it back.

Sweet… I will find out how much it will cost me with ARG for shipping and if it's way too much and yeah I wouldn't mind sending it to you and get You to put it in but my first choice is going to be ARG I do appreciate it and I will let you know thanks man

No I have not got the Ophir yet I haven't even opened it to put batteries in it I was going to wait until I bought the sensor and after it came back from ARG. Should I buy 3 rechargeable bartteries? Two for the meter and one for the sensor right?

Well the two from the ophir dont really need to be rechargable as the sensor itself consumes very little. Only the display needs more juice every now and then especially when hooking up the arg next to it. One rechargable cell should do the trick. When your readings on the display start to fluctuate badly while your not even metering, you know you need to recharge the display cell :)

Also arg will probably be releasing the rail spliter as well so that would free up some room as well.