Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sold: 475mW 635nm Laser "Slim Silver" - Tiny Pocket Red

rhd

For Sale: 475 mW 635nm Build - "The Slim Silver"

Amazingly for such a tiny host, this guy runs at a full 1A of current, using a single AAA-sized 10440 lithium ion cell, and outputs an LPM-tested 475mW through the included red-coated 3-element glass lens. I wanted this to be compact, so I actually left the Aixiz focus knob off of the lens - but you can certainly have it included if you want it. I'm so OCD about everything matching, that I actually sanded the external metal surfaces on the 3-element lens casing so that it would look metalic, instead of black. That's why the lens looks like it matches the body of the laser. It really DOES look cooler no-focus-knob (but again, I'll send you the knob if you want it).

attachment.php

attachment.php

This build uses the same host as my "Ribbed Silver" 445s, but with some substantially revisions in terms of the internal workings. My biggest complaint with the "Ribbed Silver" 445 builds, was needing to use someone else's driver in them. So for these 635s, I designed a custom driver PCB specifically for this host. There's a thread about the driver here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f67/iron-4d-driver-ultra-low-profile-1a-red-driver-71034.html

It's a circular triple-AMC driver, that slips directly on top of the diode leads and gets soldered directly to it. At only a few mm thick, the driver is so compact that you can still fit a protected 10440 cell in, without ever feeling like you're compressing the host back together! This driver took a few revisions to get perfect, but now that it is, it has really unlocked some high-powered but tiny 635 building. Here's a shot of what these diode+driver setups look like:

36243d1327813110-iron-4d-driver-ultra-low-profile-1a-red-driver-635nm-module.jpg

Photos of the laser, with some fog in the air:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Price:
$225 with FREE fully-insured, and trackable shipping.

You MUST own laser protection goggles appropriate for this wavelength, and
You MUST be over 20 years of age, and
You MUST be familiar and experienced with the appropriate safety precautions to take with lasers of this power.
You MUST NOT be a resident of Canada

Interested buyers shoot me a PM or post in the thread.

This is not a laser pointing. At all times, protective laser safety glasses appropriate for this wavelength must be worn by the operator. This laser should not be used around 3rd parties (non-operators) pets, or for any recreational purpose.

This laser's purpose is use as a laser light source for LPM (laser power meter) sensors and meter system calibration. In order to ensure the most reliable calibration for your system, it is prudent to use multiple calibration lasers, representing multiple wavelengths, as well as multiple output powers, spanning the range of an LPM sensor's working detection range.

Attachments

• aa Beamshot.jpg
    aa Beamshot.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 702
  • aa Head On.jpg
    aa Head On.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 775
  • aa Rear Angle.jpg
    aa Rear Angle.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 766
  • aa Side.jpg
    aa Side.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 842
Last edited:

Re: FS: 475mW 635nm Laser "Slim Silver" - Tiny Pocket Red

Man, you keep pumping out amazing builds one after another! I wish I had the money to spend on one of your builds, they look phenominal. Btw, you didn't include the duty cycle in the description.

rhd

Man, you keep pumping out amazing builds one after another! I wish I had the money to spend on one of your builds, they look phenominal. Btw, you didn't include the duty cycle in the description.

Thank you :)

In reality, I tend to do most of my building on a saturday once every few weeks. It's the photo taking that I take a while to get to, bit by bit (and gives the illusion that I'm constantly building!)

Last edited:

You just keep pumping them out, nice work!

rhd

You just keep pumping them out, nice work!

Thanks Giorge!

Building lasers is the best stress outlet in the world ;)
(at least, I think so)

Thanks Giorge!

Building lasers is the best stress outlet in the world ;)
(at least, I think so)

Shooting them is fun too! :D

tee

I purchased this laser from RHD on Feb 2nd, received it 3 days after it was sent. I asked if he could include a battery and he stated he could without hesitation, but it would have to be shipped separately using a different method taking a few extra days, which I was perfectly fine with.

It hadn't shown up in the mail, which I chalked up to another Canada Post blunder and figured I would get one from Lighthound. So then on the 23rd RHD responded that he had overlooked the package and it had not been sent, apologized profusely, shipped the battery immediately and offered a refund of $25 which I stated was not necessary and refused. He insisted I take the refund, so I accepted.

I got the battery yesterday from the post office, charged it and tested the laser, I am 100% satisfied! Gorgeous build, superb quality and finish. I just wanted to let people know that RHD is a stand up guy, I appreciate his honesty and integrity. Good on you sir, I thank you.

Troy.

rhd

Thanks for the kind words!

I wish they didn't have the silly lithium ion shipping restrictions here, but they do, and it's important to abide by them.

Glad you're enjoying it!

I purchased this laser from RHD on Feb 2nd, received it 3 days after it was sent. I asked if he could include a battery and he stated he could without hesitation, but it would have to be shipped separately using a different method taking a few extra days, which I was perfectly fine with.

It hadn't shown up in the mail, which I chalked up to another Canada Post blunder and figured I would get one from Lighthound. So then on the 23rd RHD responded that he had overlooked the package and it had not been sent, apologized profusely, shipped the battery immediately and offered a refund of $25 which I stated was not necessary and refused. He insisted I take the refund, so I accepted.

I got the battery yesterday from the post office, charged it and tested the laser, I am 100% satisfied! Gorgeous build, superb quality and finish. I just wanted to let people know that RHD is a stand up guy, I appreciate his honesty and integrity. Good on you sir, I thank you.

Troy.

There is ZERO risk when dealing with RHD. He is rock solid and so are his builds. Definitely one of the assets to the forum.

I have three of his laser builds and all are exceptional.

P.S. which one did you get?

Last edited:

tee

There is ZERO risk when dealing with RHD. He is rock solid and so are his builds. Definitely one of the assets to the forum.

the 475 mW 635 nm "slim silver" pictured in this thread. very nice

rhd

Very nice of you to say, thank you :)

If anyone is interested, I used very much the same driver and build style to create this one. Neat host - much different than the one here in terms of visual style, but similar in terms of size and guts!

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-black-cat-red-pocket-635nm-500mw-71853.html