Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SOLD.!!! 2.3W 445nm Laser in 3x 18650 Host Called "Big Boy"

Re: FS: 2.2W 445nm Laser in 3x 18650 Host Called "Big Boy"

Damn... this thing is practically a labby. The aluminum bezel is a nice touch:drool:

I think that I have two of these hosts on the way. I hadn't seen this thread, but I plan to do one for myself and one to sell. I got these and a big fat SS host from the same place.

Damn... this thing is practically a labby. The aluminum bezel is a nice touch:drool:

Thanks.

When i found this one and the stainless one i think you remember in that build thread i did a couple months ago >HERE< it was exactly what i was thinking.:) Portable Labby.

However this one is much more powerful then my personal.:p Further more i still have never charged the cells yet in my personal one.:crackup:

Ive built a few of these for people already and they all say the same thing.

Ive also had the Great vet sellers show the Respect to me in these 2 great hosts.:wave: Love the Respect them Show me.:wave:

Last edited:

Thanks.

Ive also had the Great vet sellers show the Respect to me in these 2 great hosts.:wave: Love the Respect them Show me.:wave:

I think to most of us that you are considered to be one of the great builders.

:)

Thanks.

When i found this one and the stainless one i think you remember in that build thread i did a couple months ago :>HERE<: it was exactly what i was thinking.:) Portable Labby.

However this one is much more powerful then my personal.:p Further more i still have never charged the cells yet in my personal one.:crackup:

Ive built a few of these for people already and they all say the same thing.

The link is broken, get rid of the before. in front of it...:p

Yeah, these are huge, maybe offer to turn down the driver to 1.2A or something. I know it's nuts but at that, you would probably be able to run it safely for a good while:evil:

I think to most of us that you are considered to be one of the great builders.

:)

Yup, lazerer's builds are second to none. He's also one of the only builders to use modes on his lasers. IMO that's a HUGE plus.

Add a diffraction grating to a laser with modes, and it's a lot of fun... :D

Yup, lazerer's builds are second to none. He's also one of the only builders to use modes on his lasers. IMO that's a HUGE plus.

Add a diffraction grating to a laser with modes, and it's a lot of fun... :D

That is why I want to look into flashlight drivers. I want to build with modes too.

I think my angle is going to be a niche, with less than max power, maximum heat sinking for long duty cycles and hopefully modes and interesting hosts. MAYBE I might try spending on an occasional "exotic" diode, like the opnext 635 but I'll wait a little before I try an investment like that.

Of course the only laser I have "built" so far is my Survival Laser and that doesn't really count. But I am trying to gather the right tools and knowledge before I start.

Last edited:

The link is broken, get rid of the before. in front of it...:p

Yeah, these are huge, maybe offer to turn down the driver to 1.2A or something. I know it's nuts but at that, you would probably be able to run it safely for a good while:evil:

LINK is FIXED.:p Thanks. Check it out now.:p

No Need to turn it down. Iam being Extremely Low on the Duty Cycle.;) This is just safe practice.:)

Dont forget this laser is at 1.7A not 1.8A.:p Its a very efficient diode.

So 100mA less is Quit a bit. I could probably run it at 1.65A and still hit my Tittle Output for this thread.:crackup: :bowdown:

The diodes i use in these type of build are really Top of the bin. I have very few of these types. In other words there is your 2W diode then there is your Freaks then there are theses. Those that Extract diodes know exactly what i mean. These are the diodes you baby and sleep with under your pillow next to your gun.:cool: j/k

So what iam describing is its a perfect diode. IMO. Same type of diode i put in your 2.3W+ build.:) I cant find any better then these. Its not just the Max output that counts. Its the overall of the diodes performance.:)

Last edited:

So what iam describing is its a perfect diode. IMO. Same type of diode i put in your 2.3W+ build.:)

Yup, and that laser is still going strong. Although by now it has a couple of hours of use on it.:evil:

I absolutely love to set it strobe, along with a glass diffraction tip:p

To be honest I think once you get past 2W, it's all icing on the cake:D

Yup, and that laser is still going strong. Although by now it has a couple of hours of use on it.:evil:

I absolutely love to set it strobe, along with a glass diffraction tip:p

To be honest I think once you get past 2W, it's all icing on the cake:D

:D

I love Pulse Mode with the Diffraction Grating and moving it around.:) Its real why i made the Modes. Iam making just a pulse driver.:shhh: Thats another topic though.:D

Iam glad you still enjoy your lasers.:wave:

When You get closer to 2.4W Its all icing on the cake + your Name Writing on the top.:bday: Hint.! :whistle:

Most should get that without spelling it out.:p

Last edited:

deleted

Last edited:

Apologies, it was an honest question. Looks like a fun one to make. Question has been deleted

Please do not start this in this threaad. THanks.:)

Last edited:

Apologies, it was an honest question. Looks like a fun one to make. Question has been deleted

No worries.:)

Threads go to crap with questions like that.

Last edited:

Tman

Niiiice.......:D
now if only I could get you to whip up a 532mW at >1W handheld for me

Last edited:

DJNY

Free bump for a great guy and one of the best lasers around :wave:

Thanks.:)

I might as well add this power reading to what this laser does but still leaving some to the imaginations for those that like the surprise.:D

DSC01786.jpg

Last edited:

I have a 445 laser being driven by a flexdrive at 1.5A and pulling around 2.2 A from a fresh battery. How much brighter would this laser be approximately?