Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Soap Bubbles and lasers

Snecho

Thanks, I am calm. I rarely order from China without using paypal.....
I contacted Sanwu now, hope to hear back from them soon.
I ordered a set of 5 laser heads, so not sure how all 5 are on the 3 laser pointers I ordered....
The star caps are generic separate accessories that aren't made for 303 lasers specifically. The 303s have their own black star caps that are already screwed onto the front. Regardless, if you ordered the 5 pack, maybe it's coming with the batteries. These are things only Sanwu can answer you.
Also a question about the goggles, I just tried a cheap 5mw red laser, and it shoots through the Green coloured goggles, Sanwu sent me, on the wall, so no protection at all, is this how its supposed to work?
This entire order is Sanwu's lowest end product, and the goggles are no exception. They are the cheap $5 colored plastic ones and have no rating or quality control.

The best place to get real quality certified and trusted safety goggles is https://www.survivallaserusa.com/Safety_Goggles/cat1667093_1527285.aspx

(Use our member discount code: LPF445 for 10% your order)

And if you want "real" batteries and charging equipment to already have on hand, check out liionwholesale.com and NiteCore chargers.

Bubble-Man

Thank you! I appreciate the advise and also the discount code. The $15 goggles are sold as OD3, the red coloured ones seem to block cheap 5mw lasers, but the green coloured goggles he sent have almost no effect with a 5mw red laser....
What do you mean by "real" batteries and charging equipment - are the ones from Sanwu fake cheap ones?
I just assumed a reputable laser pointer supplier will not sell fake batteries and useless goggles....
I paid him $40 for batteries, this is top price, so I thought these will be good quality batteries...
Ill look at the links you sent, Thanks!

Last edited:

Snecho

Thank you! I appreciate the advise and also the discount code. The $15 goggles are sold as OD3, the red coloured ones seem to block cheap 5mw lasers, but the green coloured goggles he sent have almost no effect with a 5mw red laser....
What do you mean by "real" batteries and charging equipment - are the ones from Sanwu fake cheap ones?
I just assumed a reputable laser pointer supplier will not sell fake batteries and useless goggles.... Ill look at the links you sent, Thanks!
The battery stuff from Sanwu works, it's just entry level. They only have one type of battery for each size and a basic battery charger that you just pop in a battery and you get a light to know if it's done or not, no more information.

By "real" equipment I mean that at liionwholesale, you can throw any specification you need for a size battery and get dozens of choices from brand names like Sаmsung, Pаnasonic, and VapeCell with multiple features based on what laser you need it for.

And multi-slot li-ion battery chargers like the ones they sell can charge up to 4 batteries at once or more, charge different battery chemistries, charge at different Amps, and digitally read out voltages and all that critical information.

The package from SANWU arrived. However, 2 of the 304 are damaged with deep scratches on them as they were not properly packed, ALL the batteries I ordered are missing! and the set of star heads are missing! and the small box he sent is so small it can't contain anything!!!

As they don't use paypal, I have no way to claim, so I lost my money... Not sure why so many people here praise them....

Sometime it doesn't pay to get items shipped form ' CHINA' some good some bad. Sorry to here about the loss , waiting long periods of time to get an item you paid for and it comes well in your case missing items that were paid for.
Rich:)

Giannis_TDM

Thanks, I am calm. It's just I rarely order from China without using paypal.....
I contacted Sanwu now, hope to hear back from them soon.
I ordered a set of 5 laser heads, so not sure how all 5 are on the 3 laser pointers I ordered....

Also a question about the goggles, I just tried a cheap 5mw red laser, and it shoots through the Green colored goggles, Sanwu sent me, on the wall, so no protection at all, is this how it's supposed to work?
Your red laser must be an older one in the 660-670nm range the cheap Sanwu goggles only block up to 650nm. And as we can all see there are 3-star caps in your lasers and 2 right here. Edit: Upon closer inspection, it seems like that there are more than 2 start caps in the bag so you should be actually thankful for sanwu to send you more than normal. You can test the lasers by getting the 18650s from an old laptop battery pack or your local Li-Ion battery seller.
1594233013592.png

Last edited:

Bubble-Man

I checked the old red laser pointer and the sticker says 650nm <5mw, so unless the info is incorrect, the Sanwu goggles could not block that.
You are right each laser had a star head on it, and I also ordered a usb auto-rotating head, which arrived, but the set of 5 star heads did not arrived.

Now, the batteries just arrived, interestingly, they were send from a UK based company not from Sanwu, and I can see they are priced half of what I paid Sanwu for them..... a bit of a rip off....

Loading the pointers, only the Green one works, red and blue are faulty, not working at all. So much for quality control. Also no stickers on the pointers at all to state what they are..........

Will keep chasing Sanwu, but not impressed so far at all....

Just ordered a NiteCore charger , as to have better quality charger.

Giannis_TDM

I checked the old red laser pointer and the sticker says 650nm <5mw, so unless the info is incorrect, the Sanwu goggles could not block that.
You are right each laser had a star head on it, and I also ordered a usb auto-rotating head, which arrived, but the set of 5 star heads did not arrived.

Now, the batteries just arrived, interestingly, they were send from a UK based company not from Sanwu, and I can see they are priced half of what I paid Sanwu for them..... a bit of a rip off....

Loading the pointers, only the Green one works, red and blue are faulty, not working at all. So much for quality control. Also no stickers on the pointers at all to state what they are..........

Some things: Batteries are marked with lower prices to pass customs.
Check the polarity, The polarity for the red and violet is the opposite compared to the green.
Check the bag with the rotating USB star head as inside could be the other 2 star caps
And most importantly: Sanwu doesn't by itself make the 30x lasers, They just buy a bunch and give you the best ones out of the batches.

Snecho

The stickers literally mean nothing, they are there just to state that, "This is in fact, a laser."

As I said, the batteries are offered as a consideration for "entry level" and convenience. As mentioned, buying brand name batteries from liionwholesale costs around $5 each.
Sounds like you put the batteries in wrong. The green should have positive towards the tailcap since it's DPSS, but the red and blue diode lasers have positive towards the front. It's also possible that by inserting the batteries reverse polarity, you could have fried the diode and/or driver.
As said, this is Sanwu's lowest end product. They are not made by Sanwu, they are rebranded by Sanwu.
Which model did you get? There are several for different purposes.

The Chinaman strikes again zipper heads

Giannis_TDM

The stickers literally mean nothing, they are there just to state that, "This is in fact, a laser."

As I said, the batteries are offered as a consideration for "entry level" and convenience. As mentioned, buying brand name batteries from liionwholesale costs around $5 each.

Sounds like you put the batteries in wrong. The green should have positive towards the tailcap since it's DPSS, but the red and blue diode lasers have positive towards the front. It's also possible that by inserting the batteries reverse polarity, you could have fried the diode and/or driver.

As said, this is Sanwu's lowest end product. They are not made by Sanwu, they are rebranded by Sanwu.

Which model did you get? There are several for different purposes.
Actually small fan fact for you Snecho, As far as I know, the red laser will be unharmed by placing the bats in the wrong polarity because the driver itself is based on an op-amp (LM358) And if they are using the common violet driver the laser is ok too because I Myself have been using those and it seems like the main ic itself has protection against reverse polarity (using it in my 505 build).

Snecho

Actually small fan fact for you Snecho, As far as I know, the red laser will be unharmed by placing the bats in the wrong polarity because the driver itself is based on an op-amp (LM358) And if they are using the common violet driver the laser is ok too because I Myself have been using those and it seems like the main ic itself has protection against reverse polarity (using it in my 505 build).
Good to know, thanks!

Additionally, I trust that if he bought one of Sanwu's "real" lasers like a Pocket or Challenger, this would have been a very different experience.

Bubble-Man

OK guys, you are the best! It was a polarity issue, and the blue and red now also work. Although the blue laser has a dirty splash when focused and a black line is very visible when unfocused (I attach photo) , is this normal? Also the USB star head does not fit the green laser as the thread is a wrong size.... The point with the batteries, is he charges $10 a battery then he ordered them from a local company near me who sell them for $5 a battery, but that is my bad, should have researched beforehand about batteries. The batteries are Samsung 18650 for the green and red and 2x vapcell 18350 for the blue (445nm) , and Red goggles he sent me work fine, but the green ones are worthless, red laser penetrate through with ease. I ordered Nitecore Um20 charger, which I think will serve me better than what I bought from Sanwu. I wish those lasers had a read switch rather than key. A bit of a learning curve here ... ;-)

Attachments

• IMG_3424.JPG
    IMG_3424.JPG
    602.3 KB · Views: 4

gazer101

OK guys, you are the best! It was a polarity issue, and the blue and red now also work. Although the blue laser has a dirty splash when focused and a black line is very visible when unfocused (I attach photo) , is this normal? Also the USB star head does not fit the green laser as the thread is a wrong size.... The point with the batteries, is he charges $10 a battery then he ordered them from a local company near me who sell them for $5 a battery, but that is my bad, should have researched beforehand about batteries. The batteries are Samsung 18650 for the green and red and 2x vapcell 18350 for the blue (445nm) , and Red goggles he sent me work fine, but the green ones are worthless, red laser penetrate through with ease. I ordered Nitecore Um20 charger, which I think will serve me better than what I bought from Sanwu. I wish those lasers had a read switch rather than key. A bit of a learning curve here ... ;-)
Looks like there's a hair on the laser's lens. Or worse possibly some sort of defect along the laser diode's window... try cleaning the lens with compressed air and rubbing alcohol

Giannis_TDM

Looks like there's a hair on the laser's lens. Or worse possibly some sort of defect along the laser diode's window... try cleaning the lens with compressed air and rubbing alcohol
No no no, don't do that! If you use rubbing alcohol on acrylic lenses it destroys them! try to use a small amount of distilled water.

Snecho

No no no, don't do that! If you use rubbing alcohol on acrylic lenses it destroys them! try to use a small amount of distilled water.
I believe the objective lens on the 303s are glass.

But yeah, I also heard alcohol erodes acrylic.