Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

So mad i could punch a baby

Yikes! Didn't this happen to you recently with another diode? I have never sheared the pins off a diode. How did this happen?

Philipnzw

My deepest condolences as well, i have also tore a pin off the sharp 505nm, not really an expensive diode but im still in University and lets just say that whole experience made me super cautious about diode pins.

BillClinton1

If anyone cares I managed to fix the diode! Tinned tiny wires, laid them on top of the bloody stumps of pins, and ever so lightly touched with the soldering iron tip. Was less than optimistic, but when I wired it up and hit the "go" button I damn near crapped my pants when the room turned blue! Not sure who was in charge of my luck that day, but I'm thankful nonetheless. Just thought I'd update this thread and end it on a happier note. Thrilled!!

Snecho

If anyone cares I managed to fix the diode! Tinned tiny wires, laid them on top of the bloody stumps of pins, and ever so lightly touched with the soldering iron tip. Was less than optimistic, but when I wired it up and hit the "go" button I damn near crapped my pants when the room turned blue! Not sure who was in charge of my luck that day, but I'm thankful nonetheless. Just thought I'd update this thread and end it on a happier note. Thrilled!!
Glad it worked out for you :)