Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Smartphones thread

Christ... OK.

Quick answer question, HitShane.

WHY am I not getting latest and greatest?

What do you think? Do you think it's:
A) Because I am oblivious to other better alternatives,
B) Something else?

Here's an obligatory apology, because from now on, I reserve the complete right to act like a total d*ck to people who say "Your stuff is not latest most expensive buy new hurr durr".

Im sure my iPhone 5 falls into this thread.

I have had Android based tablets:

Motorola Xoom
Dell Streak
HTC
Nexus 7

Android Phones:
Razor Android
Razor Maxx
Nexus S 2

But I also had the Apple stuff:

Original iPhone
iPhone 3G
iPhone 4

Tablets:

iPad
iPad 2
iPad 3
iPad mini

To be honest , My iPhone with the iPad mini ,Sync via icloud all my stuff works flawlessly, wirelessly with no issue. With the android stuff , My calendars would be off, contacts would be mismatched.

Just my 2.5 cents

Last edited:

gillza

The only problem with iphones and all the rest of that apple gadgetry is that it only works one way.. the steve jobs way, as in the only way to transfer files for example between phone and computers is by syncing it through itunes or some other third party app that installs an ftp server on your phone... there are more such examples.

The only problem with iphones and all the rest of that apple gadgetry is that it only works one way.. the steve jobs way, as in the only way to transfer files for example between phone and computers is by syncing it through itunes or some other third party app that installs an ftp server on your phone... there are more such examples.

agreed fuck syncing. i never plug in my phone to my computer. between google drive, google calender, and google music there is no need to except charging it :D

not to say there are not other apps.. but these work great for me.

and honestly i question his difficulties i have not run into any of these problems. hell my bookmarks and top sites sync with my phone even
and no not really because a 650$ is not in his 200$ price range

Last edited:
I never plug my iphone in except to charge. It does its little syncing thing with icloud or something.

Android's google cloud system works better though.

Well those items were in the past, and as far as syncing its a must for me . I visit clients all day long and log in my time and charge them accordingly. Im sure not everyone has a smartphone for just facebook,twitter etc..

The motorola's were bottom of the pile except for the razor maxx that had good battery life.

For my brother's iPhone which I jailbreaked with iOS 4.0.2 I think, I had installed on my computer some brutally light third party app.

It simply lets you view the plugged in iPhone as Mass Storage device. You can see all the folders from the root up, including some .h C-header files, and all the media folders. Simply copy-paste song into folder and iPod app will recognise it and play it.

No syncing, no iTunes, no iCloud, no iCrap.

Gotta love development community :D

If you're interested in my opinion, Get the RAZR MAXX. I got one as a present & haven't had a bit of trouble with it in over 9 months of use. It has a 3300mAh battery in it that I charge every 3 days or so, (depending on use). The GOOGLE PLAY STORE has every app you can think of & a good portion of them are free. I have ICE CREAM SANDWICH right now but JELLY BEAN is to be released in a week or so (free upgrade). Just my opinion buddy. You can check it on GOOGLE, there are a LOT of sites devoted to it, & most give a thumbs up.------------------ rob

It'd be great if I could afford it. It's a $500 phone after all.

Thanks, I do appreciate your opinion but I'm STILL sticking with Xperia U. I just played around with it entire day yesterday (a friend of a friend has it), and I'm just blown away. That's MY cellphone. There's really not much anybody can say to change my opinion now. I have my result of my research and I've got no reason to change it.

I'll let you know if I win any lotteries so I can go on "latest and greatest" phones hunt ;)

Yep, IOS is a load of turd until you jailbreak it :D

Ever since rebuilding that iphone 4 I found, I've taken a liking to fixing them..
Bought an iphone 3G a month or so ago for $50, Fixed it up with $30 worth of parts and sold it for $150

Latest purchase is a iphone 3GS for $25, I'm going to do the same deal there ;)

As for Android.. Never really been a big fan but my old man certainly is

Open Source in general is the way forward methinks.

iOS wouldn't be half as bad if Apple simply went ahead and said "Yeah who'd knew that a few million of enthusiast programmers can produce more software than our team of what, dozen people? So why don't we give them the power to?"

Which is exactly what Google did.

Technically anyone can program for iOS and download all the development tools for free.. to deploy to your device you need to pay apple $99 to become a registered developer.

Once you're a registered developer for apple you get invites to their famous keynotes to party with the guys in the turtlenecks. Worth it. iPhone 5! :D

I will admit this, Android is the way to go I've just yet to make the transition

Or maybe...

both.png