Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

skyray all the way

I recently bought a skyray host and I want to say I love it! It's a very good looking host and has some of the best heat sinking one can find in a small host. I've put a 9mm 445 diode driven by an xdrive set to 2.2 A into it. I'm pretty sure either dtr lives right across from the post or has some sort of teleportation device. I ordered the diode on Saturday and had it in my box monday. The host was very easy to build into.
I also received an opnext 638 diode/driver from jordan which went into the old standby c6.
Once again it's hats off to dtr for his great products and service.
Pics and lpm data to come.
tmqj.jpg
gy8t.jpg
907r.jpg
wjn7.jpg
rvjo.jpg

Last edited:

Same experience. I bought one two months ago and put a 9mm diode in it at 2.2A. The heatsinking is crazy for such a small host. Definitely the most valuable host for a C6 build.
Also it looks really solid and well finished, with cool shapes...

Here is a pic of the host, I'm busy at the moment and can't upload some beamshots. Sorry cheech if I "stole" you the thread :whistle:
t9vg.jpg

Pics added to original post. My assembly skills continue to improve. Sadly my photography still sucks.

Congrats, Cheech! I don't know why I haven't gotten one of the Skyray hosts already. They sure are good looking as compared to other flashlight hosts. I didn't realize they can handle something as big as the 9mm 445!
Maybe it's time to think about one of these again.

Thanks! Yeah, for a small host they do well. After 1 minute it gets a bit warm, prolly could do 90 seconds no prob with it.

My 9mm 445 build does 3W+ whoo-hoo! But my 638 only 97mW. Jordan was to set the flex to 300 mA. Gonna have to see what's up with it. Very pleased with the 445 tho.......